VIA KT400. rotfl!

http://www.hardtecs4u.com/

Try babelfish if you can’t read German…

Yep it’s a strange move they made… but as long as the price stays the same, and the system keeps running on the same speed/stability (or better)… no problem there…

What Via did now, is something that Intel keeps on doing… mobo manufacturers keep on complaining about Intel releasing new chipsets again and again, before the manafacturers even had a chance to really produce mainboards with the older chipsets…

I wonder if you can help i can get a pretty good deal on the MSI KT400 (or whicever one it is!!) motherboard and AMD 2700+ around £200-250. Is the motherboard any good? i couldn’t really get the idea of the article.

The motherboard should be rockstable and fast, but not a single % faster than the KT333 boards…

The KT333 is not rock-stable either as far as I know (but its problems don’t matter for “normal” users).

I’ve already ordered a Asus P4B533-E and a P4 2,40…

If you really want rockstable hardware, you’d better contact NASA for some special 8088 CPU’s…

For about 99,9% of the PC-users, the KT333 is a descent chipset…

There’s been another report about a bug which is in all VIAs: long-time isochrone transfers are corrupted (e.g. resulting in violet stripes on a TV card if you access a PCI raid controller at the same time). It’s really :Z :Z :Z

I’m one of the 0,1% who don’t like corrupted longtime isochrone transfers.

Well I know everyone has there own opinion, thats whats great about freedom. But I would have to disagree with anyone that says the new kt333 ultra board isnt solid. I currently have been running mine for 6months and have never been happier with a board. Now I know there is no perfect board or company out there and if anyone says there is the there full of bs.

I have been in the computer repair service for 16 years and have seen many different boards, from companys still here and gone. So I would recommend a new MSI board to anyone. But thats just my 2 cents worth.

Have a nice day:cool:

On the other hand, the Asus A7V8X looks pretty nice, with its onboard Gigabit Ethernet and such, it is pretty full of features, plus the anti-overheating circuit that can be useful in some circumstances.
ASUS here is about the same price as MSI, and generally cheaper than EpoX, Shuttle and such, so your cost-benefit relationships might vary.

But I personally like SiS chipsets, because it’s simpler to install (No 4-in-1 drivers) and less buggy, and even if they’re not as fast, the newer chipsets are pretty fast already. And it’s even about 50% of the price, and that counts a lot :slight_smile: for someone with a low budget like me.