VHS Video to DVD

Could someone please advise an EASY and fast free programe to capture a VHS Video and then burn to DVD. I need one that I will be able to understand as I do not know all the terms they use. I can do o;k if there is a step by step document explaining what to do when and how. I hope someone has got the patenice out there to help me.
Thanks Genie :bow:

Download the free program called Smart PC Recorder 1.1. It’s a very simple program that allows you to transfer video, audio, etc from analog sources such as audio tapes, vinyl records, microphone, etc. onto your harddrive. Then it’s just a matter of burning it on to your dvd disk. You’ll need to buy a cable that has 2 stereo RCA jacks on one end (plugs to the back of your vcr, record player, etc.), and a 1/8 stereo jack on the other so you can connect your source to the back of your computer’s input. You might need a stereo amplifier between your source and the computer to deliver sound.

[QUOTE=northernpointer;2280511]Download the free program called Smart PC Recorder 1.1. It’s a very simple program that allows you to transfer video, audio, etc from analog sources such as audio tapes, vinyl records, microphone, etc. onto your harddrive. Then it’s just a matter of burning it on to your dvd disk. You’ll need to buy a cable that has 2 stereo RCA jacks on one end (plugs to the back of your vcr, record player, etc.), and a 1/8 stereo jack on the other so you can connect your source to the back of your computer’s input. You might need a stereo amplifier between your source and the computer to deliver sound.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much all good and sorted.