VHS to DVD

Can I copy VHS tapes to DVD, and if so what would I need to have on my computer to do this ( hardware, software ) ?

Originally posted by ripper5
Can I copy VHS tapes to DVD, and if so what would I need to have on my computer to do this ( hardware, software ) ?

The most important thing you need to have on your computer is of course a DVD drive that can write to recordable DVD media such as DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW. Most DVD recordable drives are bundled with DVD recording software. How to convert the VHS tapes to PC format is another matter.

To accomplish this I use Pinnacle Studio 8 and Video Factory coupled with my AIW Radeon 8500DV and 1mb of RAM. Pinnacle makes a product that comes with both the hardware and software to accomplish this. Dazzle also has the same type of hardware/software combination. I am not famaliar with Dazzle tho.

pinnacle studio delux would probably suite your needs

bear in mind you can also make svcd’s (although it will take more cdr’s per tape) that can be played in most newer dvd players, that is if you can’t afford a dvd burner at this time.