VHS to DVD

Trying to convert my VHS to DVD using Roxio Easy VHS to DVD and running into burn failure due to protection. How do I get around this? I have been told it is possible.

You need a video stabilizer in between the vhs and PC/DVD burner.

What is your setup/hardware/connections?

I can’t even get the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD software to finish the install on Vista.
If you have it installed on Vista any hints on how you got it to finish would be appreciated.
The video stabilizer would be between the VCR output and Roxio USB capture cards input .

The video stabilizer would be between the VCR output and Roxio USB capture cards input .

Yes it would

At the present i am going from VHS to Stabilizer to Standalone DVD Recorder.
I use the rca jacks.
I use to go to a Plextor converter box to usb to Computer but could not find any decent Capture software.

[QUOTE=bean55;2294000]
At the present i am going from VHS to Stabilizer to Standalone DVD Recorder.
[/QUOTE]
That’s also my present method.The results are fairly good.

Sorry if this hijacks the OP’s topic.I will be of any help to the OP I can.

I got the Roxio capture card at a good price if I get the rebate.
It’s an Office Depot rebate & they usually come without problems.
My problem is the software that came with it won’t finish the install process.
It keeps rolling back at a certain point.So far that makes it worthless to me.
I’ve spent several hours working on it & followed the two methods posted on the Roxio forum to the letter.Actually one is a “Clean Install” for Creator 2009 but it is recommended for the easy VHStoDVD also & then the pinned post for the install.

The method I’ve read that produces the best results is a digital camcorder connected to the computer I think with firewire.Then the VCR connected to the camcorder.Of course with copy protected VHS the stabilizer has to be added.Or I think it does.
I haven’t tried this method myself .I have a digital camera that will do about an hour of video but I think this requires an actual camcorder which I don’t have.

The method I’ve read that produces the best results is a digital camcorder connected to the computer I think with firewire.Then the VCR connected to the camcorder.Of course with copy protected VHS the stabilizer has to be added.Or I think it does.

I have been reading the same and yes I also believe the stabilizer would have to be there.

I haven’t tried this method myself .I have a digital camera that will do about an hour of video but [U]I think this requires an actual camcorder which I don’t have[/U].

Neither do I

There are more expensive capture cards that are suppose to work with the software that comes with them. I have not been able to check on that in detail yet.

My method:
VCR --> camcorder (firewire output) —> computer

BUT I’m using an XP box for this.

I have 2 computers with Vista and firewire doesn’t work. I google it and found that MS disabled some firewire connectivity in Vista (for example burners and camcorders).

I have Vista so I guess I would have to see if there is a work around that.
I’m not at that point right now .Who knows I might have Windows 7 by the time I try it with firewire.If it isn’t disabled in it too.