Vhs to dvd recorder

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DIGA DMR-EZ48VK - DVD recorder/ VCR combo. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am looking to buy a VHS to DVD recorder and wonder if anyone could give me some help/suggestions as to what to buy. I mostly want a good system to transfer old VHS to DVD. I have considered the Panasonic listed, as well as the Sony RDR-VX655 DVD players. Are there others that I should consider–others that are better or more reliable?
fordsfotos

Either will likely work fine. The real question is the type of tapes you are wanting to copy. None of the new all-in-one recorders will copy copy-protected tapes.

Assuming you have a VCR then buy a DVD recorder and a inexpensive video stablizer and you are set to go.

If your main purpose is to copy VHS tapes, than go with [B]CCRomeo[/B] advice.
If you read few post concerning combo recorder, you will find that protected(commercial) tapes cannot be recorded with those.

Depending on the combo unit DiMax Grex might be the answer.
But my first post is more cost friendly.

I just want to save my own VHS tapes t0 DVD, nothing protected. Also if I read it correctly I can record off TV shows with either machine–is that correct?
CCRomero–Is a video stabilizer easy to set up? We have several VCRs and DVD players,but— I worry about my “techie” ability!
fordsfotos

I bought a Toshiba D-VR610KU - I have transferred a few VHS tapes to DVD and I am very happy with it. It works well. The onscreen menu is fairly easy to work with. The instruction book could be better, though.

Hi
I have vhs tapes that I need to copy to dvd and know nothing about where to start…I have an LG machine that I can record onto the hard drive etc…but would appreciate any extra information about all the requirements and what needs to be done to copy my personal vhs tapes to dvd, please.
Many thanks,angie

[QUOTE=angie.j;2168023]Hi
I have vhs tapes that I need to copy to dvd and know nothing about where to start…I have an LG machine that I can record onto the hard drive etc…but would appreciate any extra information about all the requirements and what needs to be done to copy my personal vhs tapes to dvd, please.
Many thanks,angie[/QUOTE]

You did not say what type of LG you have, but assuming from your post, it is a recorder.
In that case look what connections you can use (inputs).
If you have VHS player, it will most likely have Composite Out (yellow connector) and S-Video (round plug with holes) and Audio Out.
First two connectors are for video.
If you have a matching type on your recorder, than just connect those plus Audio and you can go.
For commercial VHS tapes you will need “Video Stabilizer” unit about $30.
This unit will hook up in your Video pass.
VHS video out - Stabilizer - Recorder video In.

Hi!
Just want to thank you so much for kindly responding and helping me out with this.
I will try and see how I go!! Should be interesting.
Have a great day you clever person.
Cheers,
Angie :slight_smile:

i am looking into getting a dvd recorder for transferring old vhs tapes to dvd, thanks for the info yall

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2167733]Depending on the combo unit DiMax Grex might be the answer.
But my first post is more cost friendly.[/QUOTE]

Not all combo are compatible with xdimax grex. I had such an experience with RCA- DRC8295N. Lucky for me i didn’t throw away my old VCR player (xdimax support told me that to copy VHS to DVD with my recorder is possible only with external VCR). The trick is that my recorder don’t allow to playing from VHS and recording to DVD at the same time, so when i press record button on DVD the playback of VHS is stopped. Anyway i think not many combo are so “smart”.

[QUOTE=fordsfotos;2165815][qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DIGA DMR-EZ48VK - DVD recorder/ VCR combo. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am looking to buy a VHS to DVD recorder and wonder if anyone could give me some help/suggestions as to what to buy. I mostly want a good system to transfer old VHS to DVD. I have considered the Panasonic listed, as well as the Sony RDR-VX655 DVD players. Are there others that I should consider–others that are better or more reliable?
fordsfotos[/QUOTE]
I have the panasonic and it works great. I only use it to copy my personal movies from vhs to dvd. Hope this helps. :wink: