VHS to DVD Question

vbimport

I have a somewhat stupid question.

If I were to purchase a VHS/DVD player that can record (or I guess copy is a better word?) my old VHS tapes to DVD, such as the Philips DVDR3435 Combo DVD Recorder and VCR, will the unit copy the VHS directly to the DVD, or does it record from the monitor to the disc. I ask because my TV has a screwed up picture tube, and I’m afraid if I record a VHS to DVD, that the finished product will look bad because my TV is in bad shape. I’m hoping that it will record the VHS exactly how the tape was originally recorded and not based on how my current TV shows a picture.

Thanks in advance!

The unit will record from the tape and burn directly to the DVD the condition of your TV will not effect the quality of the image burned to the DVD, but note that if there is issues with the VHS tape such as rolling or image fade out due to multiple recopying then those artifact or glitches on the tape will be transfered to the DVD.

Have a nice day :flower:

As far as I know the tape has never been copied, this will be the first time for it. It is in good condition from what I have viewed.

I’m glad that the way my TV shows the tape will have nothing to do with the copy of the tape. That’s great news. Thanks!

[quote=CDing;2147282]As far as I know the tape has never been copied, this will be the first time for it. It is in good condition from what I have viewed.

I’m glad that the way my TV shows the tape will have nothing to do with the copy of the tape. That’s great news. Thanks![/quote]
Anytime my friend, have a nice day :flower: