VHS Tape> Dazzle80 Capture > NERO 9 Software>CD or DVD?

vbimport

:iagree: Hello there,
That’s right; I said VHS, and the GONG SHOW in the same sentence. I would like to transfer our performance to a CD or DVD disc. (I can not afford a HD 1080P Camcorder yet, but also in the future find a good video editing software program) I still have about 20 old VHS-C Camcorder tapes I would also love to transfer/Edit/Burn to a CD/DVD Disc before they also get degraded and useless. They are about 15 years old of my kids at the Colorado River.
I was once in a Bluegrass/Country Rock band who appeared on the original Chuck Barris’ Gong show back in 1977. Someone from New York was very kind enough to make five VHS Tape copies for each of the band members of that show. (No, we did not get gonged, but it was a 3-way tie)
I have NERO 9 and a Dazzle 80 capture device and wanted to know if there is any way possible to hook up my Panasonic VCR using A/V RCA cords to the capture device, then to my computer to capture the gong show, and possibly edit out the commercials, and save to some Video format ext. to post on Youtube or facebook, as well as have my own hard copy on a CD or DVD disc I could play on my CD/DVD on the TV.
I was going to set up a tripod with my digital camera, put the VHS Tape in the player, and record off the TV screen, but this digital camera with maximum recording movie mode time is either 320x240 RES …will shoot up to 3 minutes, or 640x480 RES, will record ONLY up to 30 secs. Our performance is 90 Seconds, but then it goes to commercials before they come back with the judges comments…Judges were: Arte Johnson, Eva Gabor, and Peter Lawford.
What I have - [MSI P-35 Platinum MoBo/3.3GB DDR memory/Intel Core2 Q6600 CPU/ Nvidia GeForce 8600GT/500GB Internal WD HDD/500GB Ext, WD HDD/WinXP SP2/ NERO 9/ Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80 Capture]
Is any of this possible with what I presently have?
OR…Do I need to buy another type of capture card and software to do this task? (i.e. Pinnacle, Movie Studio plus 10,or 12,etc.) Thanks for any help! :clap:

On the subject of these dazzle 80 Capture devices…Do you have to use Pinnacles software with the capture card? if, so, I have lost my original Pinnacle install CD with the drivers and now it’s useless, Are those RCA to USB, VHS to DVD Capture devices any good? OR do I have to spend an arm and a face to get something worthwhile? I thought maybe I could use the dazzle 80 along with NERO VISION to capture video and burn a cd.

Do you have to use Pinnacles software with the capture card? if, so, I have lost my original Pinnacle install CD with the drivers and now it’s useless, Are those RCA to USB, VHS to DVD Capture devices any good? OR do I have to spend an arm and a face to get something worthwhile? I thought maybe I could use the dazzle 80 Capture device along with NERO VISION to capture video to HDD, then edit and burn a cd. I have a more detailed post on what my puter has here on this forum, but still no replies. rivrbyte

rivbyte
I’m afraid there just aren’t too many of us with experience using your particular equipment. I have used VCR’s in the past to capture from VHS to mpeg2 (ATI hardware mpeg2 encoder card), but it has been a while. I used composite (rca) connectors and Windows Media Center in Vista for the software.

Nero Vision should be able to capture the video if it recognizes your capture device. That’s a big question mark. You’ll just have to experiment on your own if you use an ancient device like the Dazzle 80. I looked it up on Google and found a review from 2001. User reviews were uniformly bad regarding the quality of the video it produces.

You’ll be better off using a more modern capture card, or usb device. I’m not an expert on them however, so I can’t advise you on which one is the best to buy. The Hauppauge capture cards with built in mpeg2 encoders were always popular, and should be cheap on ebay these days, since many are obsolete for capturing over the air tv transmissions in the US anymore. An example would be the WinTV PVR-250.

Or you could get a modern card from Newegg.

Hello there,
I’m sorry if my last post was too difficult to understand, :confused:and maybe that’s why I never recieved not one reply, so let’s try this again…

[MSI P-35 Platinum MoBo/3.3GB DDR memory/Intel Core2 Q6600 CPU/ Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with 512MB/500GB Internal WD HDD/500GB Ext, WD HDD/WinXP SP2/ NERO 9/ Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80 Capture, which is probably useless without software]

Waaaaay back in 1977, I was on the original Gong Show. I have a VHS analog tape and would like to capture, edit and burn to a CD or DVD. 

I can not afford a HD 1080P Camcorder yet, so in the future I may have to buy another Digital video transfer capture and software for that, but for now, I would like to capture, edit, and burn about 20 (old)VHS-C Camcorder tapes, before they get degraded and useless. The tapes are about 15 years old and are various stages of my kids growing up.

I have NERO 9 and also an old Dazzle 80 capture device (without the software) in which I’ve tried to capture, but doesn’t work with the NERO.
Just wondering for now, if buying a simple VHS to DVD A/V capture RCA, USB device will do the job using Nero9 Vision or not, or go buy the Pinnacle Movie Studio. In the future, when I buy Digital Camcorder, I may have to buy another capture device and software, I don’t thing anything on the market now will do both with a certain degree of quality, don’t know.

I could hook up either my old Panasonic VCR, (VHS-C camcorder tapes in adapter) or playback using my JVC analog Camcorder using RCA- A/V cords to a capture card to either onboard PCI, or USB.

I’d like to capture, edit commercials, save to some Video format, then hard copy CD or DVD to playback on Computer or TV. Also maybe post on YouTube or Facebook.
I thought maybe I could use the dazzle 80 along with NERO VISION to capture video and burn a CD/DVD, but NO.

My friend has success with using Roxio Creator 2009 to transfer, then edit with the Pinnacle Studio, but personally have heard lots of negative feedback on Pinnacle’s customer support and hardware problems in the reviews.

Yesterday I purchased the SIIG USB 2.0 VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICE (JU-AV0012-S1). This has two Audio-Right and left, S-Video, and one Video RCA connectors.

I proceeded to do the install. First it prompted me to plug the USB device in the slot, NEW HARDWARE FOUND popped up, Inserted the Install CD, during this process, a window popped up,
“The file tridvid.sys" was needed and not found”.
I went back into the CD folder
32 BIT/DRIVERS and found that file and it installed it. Fine.
Then another message came up asking for a needed file named “acpinfo.ax”. (Which is an Analog Copy Protection Notifier file) I went to Microsoft, searched, but could not find.

This “acpinfo.ax”. file was not on the list of drivers or apps. on this install CD.

I went to Device Manager/Sound, video, game controllers, and noticed a yellow tag next to “Trident Analog Video”. Under Properties of this folder,”Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)”

Also, at some time during install another message came up telling “This product can not be used with this platform”? WHAT?

Package says, System requirements:
Windows7 (32-/64-bit)
Vista (32-/64-bit)
XP (32-/64-bit) I have the 32Bit XP

I contacted SIIG support and he told me that I should install from the website, which I did after the third attempt off the CD, but still get the error messages.

All I want to do is capture some VHS tapes to my computer, edit, and burn to DVD. Never thought I would have this many problems. Prior to buying this generic, basic looking, editing software device, I almost bought a Haupaugh 1600 PCI card for $80.00 @ Best Buy or Frys.

MSI P-35 Platinum MoBo/3.3GB DDR memory/Intel Core2 Q6600 CPU/ Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with 512MB/500GB Internal WD HDD/500GB Ext, WD HDD/WinXP SP2-32 Bit/ DirectX v.9

Ok… the latest.
I Took the SIIG USB capture device back and bought the Pinnacle Studio PCI movieBoard12 with software but can not get the video to show on the capture preview screen, just the audio.
Connections are from Analog Camcorder video out into Pinnacle PCI Video-In. The sound is from camcorder Audio to onboard Sound card LINE-IN. I’m using a red and white 2-plug RCA plugs, just one white to white (not the red) and the sound is one red RCA from camera Audio into a RCA L- R audio plug to a speaker jack line-in.
Now I’m thinking maybe I should return this Pinnacle too.

rivrbyte,

I just looked at your system’s specs, and found that you might need to update your Windows XP to SP3 in order for the capture card software to function correctly. Also, now is the time to upgrade your Windows OS to something newer, like Windows 7. This is because Windows XP SP2 will no longer be supported by Microsoft as of July 13 of this year (which means no more security fixes will be written or issued for this particular OS).