VGA Problelm

Hey Guys.
I recently faced a new problem when I, by mistake, turned on the “Age of Empires III” game and the game gave me an error telling me that I have 0 MB of Video Card, although I think I got a 256 MB in my VGA.

I checked the display pad in dxdiag and this is the result of the test:
Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8007000e (Out of memory)
Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful.
Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.

What’s Direct 3D 7, 8, & 9?
My VGA is NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache™
and I have a 1 GB of RAM

Finally I got this as a note in the dxdiag:
-The file nv4_disp.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft’s Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo’d driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Thanks.

The turbocache uses the memory on your computer to work, is similar to the way that onboard graphics works.

DirectX has had a few versions, is presently on 9 with ‘10’ just starting to come out along with Vista.

As to the error message, try downloading the latest driver from www.nvidia.com and that might fix it.

Hey thanks alot Dismembered Ninja I downloaded the latest version of the driver and all worked fine, and I’m thinking of buying a new VGA that uses it’s own memory so I can use mine for other works. “but till I get some cash” :bigsmile: