Very werid Mafia situation sd.51+ in general

Okay, so I have an NEC-NR-7800A burner. It’s okay, and I’ve managed to back up any games i’ve encountered so far. I’ve made myself a copy of GTA3 using betablocker, so it’s sort of capable of doing high versions of safedisc. I just got Mafia and I tried to back it up. I used the profiles that were provided on this forum somewhere for the sd2.51AWSon profile. All 3 discs were read at 4x and burned at 16x. The game installed fine, but like GTA3 in my first few attempts, It would not play from the first cd in my DVD-rom drive. Here’s the weird part: It WOULD play form my cd-rw drive when Hidecd-r media was enabled. I thought that wasn’t supposed to happen. If that worked, i thought the general consensus was that it should also work in a dvd/cd-rom. I’m either misinformed (totally possible) or something weird is happening. Anyway, just for fun, i tried using betablocker, sd2.51d version, and no AWS, and the results were the same. This is sort of what happened to me with GTA3, only i messed around with settings and eventually got a copy that worked in cd/dvd-rom drives. The difference between the settings i used for GTA3 and Mafia is the fact that i burned GTA3 at 4x and I used regenerate data sectors on the read. Should this make any difference? Thanks for you time guys.

Originally posted by I Yearn to Burn
Here’s the weird part: It WOULD play form my cd-rw drive when Hidecd-r media was enabled. I thought that wasn’t supposed to happen. If that worked, i thought the general consensus was that it should also work in a dvd/cd-rom. I’m either misinformed (totally possible) or something weird is happening.

This is not that wierd. My Plex 40x only produces a backup which plays in the Plex itself. The backup wont play in my Lite-On or my LG-DVD-Rom. I havnt yet tried the Plex with AWS on because I just use the Lite-on to burn the image. Mafia is protected by Safedisc v2.70.030.
Mafia Problems - Look Here First

Yeah, thanks for the feedback. I have read that post already, however.