Very Weird Plextools Problems-HELP!

vbimport

I have Plextools Pro installed(2.11), whenever I copy a disc using Plextools it copies fine. However, when playing it back(no matter where), I get a very noticable tick tick tick that is very audible. It makes this sound about 2-3 times per second on any song, making the disc not usable.

I am using TDK(probably Ritek) media. The rom is a Lite-on and the drive is the Plextor Premium.

If I use Nero of Feurio, I have no problems. I’ve reinstalled twice. Just ran an error test on the latest bad disc and had:

C1-2403, C2-0 and CU-0.

Can anyone help me on this, or has anyone had this happen? Earlier when I was exiting the program, I accidently tried to quit the program while the disc was playing(which should be no bid deal), and got a blue sceeen saying “windows has been shut down to prevent damage, please restart”.

I have no viruses, etc. Running XP, 2.8 P4 1024megs PC3200 ram.

Plextools was one of the reasons I bought the premium. I thought it was a strong piece of sotware.

Suggestions very much appreciated. Thanks!!

What happens if you rip the tracks first and then burn them as an image, i. e., do the ticks appear in the wave files?

@jreed

Same with me. When I posted those problems nobody knew a solution. I even RMA’d my Premium, the new machine showing same effects. I simply do not use Plextools anymore and never had any audible ticks again.

Run [COLOR=blue]PX Info, save the log and send it to Plextor.

I’ve been using PT for quite a while now and never had any issues w it.
Which means what ? You need to find out what’s in your system that causing such troubles, right ?
So, don’t panic, just contact Plextor.[/COLOR] :wink:

Thanks for the replies. I just ran PXinfo and sent it to Plextor. Since I now know I am not alone on this one, I’ll make sure to post the outcome of my request to Plextor.

I honestly don’t know what I’d do without this forum!!! Thanks once again!!!

Originally posted by jreed

I just ran PXinfo and sent it to Plextor.

I’ll make sure to post the outcome of my request to Plextor.

Good.

Yes, pls do that. :smiley:

Here is what Plextor said to try first:

Please update your motherboard bios and eide controller drivers from your motherboard mfgr. Also, try adding a jumper to the DMA pins on the back of your drive, as some ide controllers work better in that mode.

Plextor America Support Team - Jack

My system is a Dell and they tell me I have the latest BIOS. I am not sure what he means by eide controller drivers?? I can certainly add the jumper on the DMA pins.

How do I go about the first two items? Any thoughts??

Well, can you guess why ? :wink:

Why??

I did find a bios update and ran that. I’ll post again when I get further.

Why??

I am not sure what he means by IDE controller drivers??

It’s not a secret they usually monitor this site ( & stuff :wink: )

Here’s how you can find the path to the IDE controller(s) drivers :

Originally posted by BoSkin

This will give you a clue on how to fix your problem > [COLOR=blue]uninstall Busmaster IDE driver crap !

IEEE1394 Bus Host Controllers > click on + > ? PCI IDE Controller (Check what you got there !) >
right-click on it > Properties > Driver tab * > Uninstall

• You should see something like this :[/COLOR]

I wanted to post as I went along and most importantly, I wanted to do each of Plextor’s recommendations one at a time doing a burn in between.

As it turns out the problem was the BIOS. Once I updated, it is fine. For anyone having record problems with Plextools(especially when copying on the fly), I highly recommend flashing your bios, or following all of the steps outlines above.

What a relief. I hope this helps others the way I’ve been helped. :slight_smile:

What a relief. I hope this helps others the way I’ve been helped. :slight_smile:
See ? I told you not to give up so easily. :wink:

LOL, @Bo you are really cool! :smiley:

ET

Originally posted by BoSkin
See ? I told you not to give up so easily. :wink: