Very strange Nero 6 behaviour!

Hi,

I’ve just recently upgraded from a LiteOn CDRW to an NEC ND-1300A DVDRW. I was previously using Roxio EZCD Creator as burning software.

As EZCD does not support this DVD writer I’ve had to start using Nero 6 Ultra edition for both burning CDs and DVDs

I’ve managed to figure out how to shrink down DVD files and copy movies to DVD no problem.

When using the CD side of things I can make a data CD ok but for some strange reason if I try a straight forward disc to disc copy of a CD-Rom neither my CD/DVD Rom (Pioneer 104s) nor the NEC burner recognise the disc - they both give the Windows dialogue box shown below - however Nero does report the burn as successful.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is please? - This is starting to drive me round the bend!!

Have you tried differnt type of CD media?
Maybe InCd running in the background?

Thanks for the reply.

There’s definitely no UDF/packet writing stuff running in the background.

I haven’t actually tried any different media to be honest… by the very fact that the media I am using (Infiniti 80min white label) burns a data CD no problem I don’t suspect that it’s a media issue - then again I’m no expert - is this dialogue error box usual when there’s a media incompatibility problem?

Which version of Windows are you using? I’ve seen the same problem when XP gets confused about the cd drive. Deleting the drive from Device Manager and re-booting often gets it back.

Originally posted by wacjac
[B]Thanks for the reply.

There’s definitely no UDF/packet writing stuff running in the background.

I haven’t actually tried any different media to be honest… by the very fact that the media I am using (Infiniti 80min white label) burns a data CD no problem I don’t suspect that it’s a media issue - then again I’m no expert - is this dialogue error box usual when there’s a media incompatibility problem? [/B]