Very Strange Finding! : S

vbimport

I have just bought 1503 A.D. The New World.

When I went to back it up, I found a very unusual finding indeed!

I loaded up Clony XXL and it told me that the first disc was protected with SucuRom 4.8x, then when I tried the second disc it said it had SafeDisc 2 on it!

Is this going to become the standard practice, that companys put different types of protections on their discs!? : S

If I’m correct it only has SecuROM as a protection no SafeDisc 2 (mistake of ClonyXL, it happens).

If I’m correct it has: SecuROM 4.83.52.0070 and after update 1.02 it has: SecuROM 4.84.00.0073

Theres no way they would pay 2 protection companies for protecting the same game :wink:

That’s what was confusing me! I have never encountered this before :rolleyes:

I just got 1503 A.D. The New World.

The first disk is not protected, it’s only a install disk and disk 2 has SafeDisc v2+.

Got a working copy with CloneCD straight off.

@PaRaNoiD, I’m almost for 100% sure it has SecuROM 4.8x an not SafeDisc, but maybe it differs where you live.

I suspect that Streamline’s first disc was a false reading by Clony. And I believe that SecuROM has to be detected on the hard-disk after installation

Originally posted by Namoh
@PaRaNoiD, I’m almost for 100% sure it has SecuROM 4.8x an not SafeDisc, but maybe it differs where you live.

I’d say there using different protections in different countries.