Very specific blank DVD request

Hi there,

Have been looking for some time and getting confused with all the different brands and having stumbled across this forum and you guys seem to know the difference between the serial numbers let alone the disc types, so all I can say is :bow:

I’m looking for a fairly specific type of blank media and I keep ordering packs and there’s one or more elements missing, so can anyone point me to the best product for these requirements?:

• DVD- 16x recordable
  • White full face printable (right up to the little hole)
  • Reliable as possible
  • big spindle pack preferred (don’t want to order packs of 6 or anything)
  • most importantly, I’d like the actual disc side to be as silver as possible. Lots are blue which I don’t like, prefer it when they’re silvery.

As I say, I’ve ordered the above in the past, but can’t remember where I got them - so any advice would be MOST appreciated!

• DVD- 16x recordable
  • White full face printable (right up to the little hole)
  • Reliable as possible
  • big spindle pack preferred (don’t want to order packs of 6 or anything)

Verbatim DVD-R 16X Full Face Printable
http://new.ukdvdr.co.uk/product.php?product=VERBATI024&title=Verbatim+DVD-R+16x+Full-Face+Printable+(Pack+of+50)
http://svp.co.uk/product/verbatim_dvd_r_16x_full_face_printable_(43533)_verbati024

or Taiyo Yuden WHITE FULL FACE PRINTABLE 16x DVD-R:
http://www.aristacomputers.com/TAIYO-YUDEN-(52132)-WHITE-FULL-FACE-PRINTABLE-16x-DVD-R-(100-PACK).html

• most importantly, I’d like the actual disc side to be as silver as possible.

This is not possible - all DVDRs do have violet bottoms (except very rare exceptions like old Mitsui and 3A DVDs).

Sounds like he’s trying to fake pressed discs :bigsmile:. He shouldn’t bother. I received a TV series from a Canadian store on simple DVDR with purple color and poor printed surface. It’s an old series that can’t be found anywhere (“Ike” from the 1970s).

Not sure if what this dealer “Rarevideo” is selling is legal, it’s a low low grade copy of a R4 release that’s no longer available (company went bankrupt).

But my point: nobody seems to notice or care (except me :()

Moomin

I would concur with the recommendation for printable TYG03 (Taiyo Yuden, 16x DVD-R), though I cannot speak from experience.

You will not find any silver-ish bottomed DVD±Rs.

If you’re prepared to sacrifice point 1 as well (and can settle for an 8x DVD+R) I would suggest Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+R, it’s mid is YUDEN000 T02.
Of al the disc types I’ve used, YUDEN000 T02 has been the only one (save for a single CMC MAG E01 :eek: ) that has been reliable, given no coasters, and never shown signs of accelerated deterioration.

(OffTopic)I too once bought some old and unpublished TV shows from a replicator/dealer in Canada, burned on TYG02, and it too has gone bust (they were called TheMediaDepot IIRC) most likely because they hadn’t a clue what they were doing (using thick, gooey paper labels on DVDs for example :a ) (/OffTopic)

Heh! thanks guys, big help!

So I’m looking at the Taiyo Yuden - by ‘blue’ I know they can’t be totally silver, but some seem to be much darker blue and some are a lighter silver…?

[QUOTE=alpha tester;2238083]Heh! thanks guys, big help!

So I’m looking at the Taiyo Yuden - by ‘blue’ I know they can’t be totally silver, but some seem to be much darker blue and some are a lighter silver…?[/QUOTE]

You’re welcome. :wink:
The lightest dye on the present market do have probably media with CMC MAG M01 MID code. But they are usually of very mediocre quality.
And then there is really no significant color difference between them and other media types.