Very Slow Reading Speed (SH-S203D)

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203D / TS-H653D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi there,

I have 2 Samsung DVD writers. 1 is PATA, installed on a very old Intel MOBO, and the other one is a new SATA DVD writer, installed on new AMD MOBO.

My Samsung SATA DVD writer (SH-S203D) is having a very slow reading speed, compare to the PATA writer. However, the writing speed is ok. This is weird, shouldn’t its reading speed be faster than PATA writer’s speed ?

My old comp is a P4 with MSI old MOBO, using the Samsung PATA DVD writer, reading a 4GB DVD would take around 8-10 minutes.

My new Samsung SATA DVD writer would take around 40 minutes to read the exactly same 4GB DVD ! That is ridiculous. I suspected that there is something to do with the new MOBO.

My new comp’s spec :

MoBo-------------: Asus M2A-MX
Processor-------: AMD X2 5200
RAM--------------: 2GB DDR2 800mhz Dual Channel
HDD--------------: Main – WD1600JS-56MHB1 (SATA)
-------------------: 2nd – WD3200AAKS-75VYA0 (SATA)
-------------------: 3rd – WD6400AAKS-00A7B2 (SATA)

Any suggestion, anyone ?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

There are some pictures which I have attached for your reference, which is my bios SATA settings.

Ops… Sorry , found a mistake up there.

Processor-------: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200

Hi and Welcome!

are there other options for Sata controller configuration? I am thinking of “IDE” if such exists.

Additionally, I’d like to see a test burn done with Nero CD/DVD Speed and a benchmark test done with the same application. Post the screenshots here, please.

Michael