Very slow mobile encoding

vbimport

#1

Greetings,

I am trying DVDFab and so far seems to work great with one problem that I can’t seem to fix. I have been trying it on 2 computers.

The first computer is a 5 year old P4 laptop XP pro and it copied dvd to dvd and dvd to generic (using mobile) just fine. In the dvd to generic it copied at about 15fps and took about 2 hours or so for a regular movie and maxed out the processor during that time wich was expected.

The second computer is a much newer Pentium dual core with 2Gig memory Vista Business and it copied dvd to dvd just fine, but it will not do dvd to mobile at all. It starts out at 30fps and every second it gets cut in about half until FPS is 0.1 and the time remaining jumps up hours until it is beyond it’s capability to show (or figure) the time remaining. During this conversion, the processor is doing nothing.

I have tried to look thru the manual, I have tried to search this forum. I have checked DMA and the obvious things that I have found in this Forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Homer.


#2

hi,

The second computer is a much newer Pentium dual core with 2Gig memory Vista Business and it copied dvd to dvd just fine, but it will not do dvd to mobile at all. It starts out at 30fps and every second it gets cut in about half until FPS is 0.1 and the time remaining jumps up hours until it is beyond it’s capability to show (or figure) the time remaining. During this conversion, the processor is doing nothing.

Looks this not only the problem of conversion speed, which has some problem when convert your DVD, so all the conversion link is pause and do nothing.

So we need more information to judge what problem it is.

first, please tell me your DVD volume name ?
second, which profile is your using ?

and maybe need more information to fix this problem,

Thanks


#3

I am having a similar problem. Converting a DVD to IPOD mobile is really really slow. Takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to convert one DVD using DVDFabGold DVD to mobile version 5.2.2.0. Encoding FPS never seems to go above 14.0.

Im getting frustrated and wish I had not paid for the mobile option as their are way faster programs.


#4

Need more information. What profile are you using and what settings for frame size, bitrate etc. I just did an iPod conversion that ran at almost 60 fps.


#5

@ H0m3r
Greetings :flower: and welcome to the club
One thing about Vista is that it has a lot of services and programs that starts when you turn the system on :eek:
try stping as many programs running in the background and also go to Administrator Toole->Computer Management->Services and stop or disable some services from starting at startup, but make sure the services you stop are not part of the operating system itself :wink:

also may what to do some house cleaning :bigsmile: