Recently, my dvd burner stop working at full speed and only writes at incredibly slow speeds. Using Nero, i try burning a 16x disk at 16x and it's takes almost 15 minutes when it used to take about 4. I researched this problem extensively across many forums, tried so many different solutions, and none of them worked. Here is the short list of solutions I tried...
- Accessing the device manager and setting changing the setting in the Advanced Settings tab to DMA for both the primary & secondary IDE. Both were already set there. At no point did it ever read "PIO" as the settings.
- Uninstalled the devices and rebooted to allow them to be reinstalled on their own
- Set the devices to PIO, rebooted and switched back to DMA. rebooted. Still no dice.
- Used different media.
- Used different programs like CopytoDvd and DVDPlatinum.
- Manually deleted the MasterIdDataChecksum or SlaveIdDataChecksum in the appropriate registries and tried a reboot
Here are my specs...
Model year 2005
HP lightscribe dual layer dvd burner
Any other ideas would be appreciated