Very puzzling

I’m using Nero 5.5.8.2 and newest XS0X-firmware in my 32123s under Win XP.

When copying a normal audio cd onto Fuji 12x-media, the burnt cd’s are PACKED with errors and sound awful in my stereo.

However, doing the exact same copy procedure on my brother’s pc (he also has a 32123s), using the exact same Fuji-media, results in flawless copies, although under Win 98.

I should mention, that I actually have accomplished burning a flawless copy on my pc using the LiteOn-media, that came bundled with my burner (I know it’s not really made by LiteOn). I can also burn cd’s at whatever speed I prefer. The burning always runs smoothly, never kicking in with Safeburn. But when playing the burned cd’s they sound awful.

Anybody dare take a guess at whats wrong?

There may be a small difference between drives, making one work better with one media type than the other…

I suggest you try other media as well.

Tried swapping the drives to limit the bug to the drive or to computer/os?

Thought I’d hear you guys first, if there was an obvious explanation, since we live pretty far apart. But I’ll try swapping, when I go see him next week.

If what you’re saying, is the actual case… is that acceptable performance from a new drive or should I return if for another?

does your brothers lite-on have tha same firmware as u do?

also does he consistently get good results and u consistently get bad results with tha same batch of cd-r’s?

One bad burn does not make a bad burner.
What is the source for the “copy”? Bad audio is often the fault of the source drive.

WinXP… Applied the XP cdrw patch? Then disable native XP burning for your drive & stop the IMAPI service. Use Nero, InCD, etc… Your problems should be gone…

To NBR: My brother has same firmware and consistently gets good results, while I consistently get bad results using the same batch of Fuji-cd’s. It’s only the first 10-15 minutes of my cd’s that are full of errors (both data and audio cd’s).

To rdgrimes: I’m reading the audio from my burner, using the Nero Wizard.

stevem: I have not applied the XP-patch, nor have I disabled XP-burning, since there seems to be no obvious conflict. Have I got this wrong?

I have not applied the XP-patch, nor have I disabled XP-burning, since there seems to be no obvious conflict. Have I got this wrong?

Yes. Performance is improved. It may solve your issue. It’s easy enough to re-enable if you feel the need.