Very Poor quality rips

vbimport

Hey all, new to the forum, and I have a question for you all.

I bought ImToo dvd ripper platinum to copy my dvds to a hard drive. I do this because I am constantly traveling (day to day) around western Canada with my job, so Its nice to have movies without carying a bunch of DVDs

Anyway, I have tried ripping using DivX, Xvid, and AVI formats with everything from low to high quality settings, but my rips are always brutal quality. The problem is that anything that moves in the video is “liney” you can see a bunch of horizontal lines that makes the videos unwatchable.

Anyone know what I need to do to fix this? I’ve tried using two diferent computers, with different DVDs with the same result. (Both High end PC’s too)

Thanks

Have you tried ripping as a full DVD and then converting to one of the compressed video containers?

[quote=dustin7837;2019497]Hey all, new to the forum, and I have a question for you all.

I bought ImToo dvd ripper platinum to copy my dvds to a hard drive. I do this because I am constantly traveling (day to day) around western Canada with my job, so Its nice to have movies without carying a bunch of DVDs

Anyway, I have tried ripping using DivX, Xvid, and AVI formats with everything from low to high quality settings, but my rips are always brutal quality. The problem is that anything that moves in the video is “liney” you can see a bunch of horizontal lines that makes the videos unwatchable.

Anyone know what I need to do to fix this? I’ve tried using two diferent computers, with different DVDs with the same result. (Both High end PC’s too)

Thanks[/quote]
Where are the original files coming from. Do they play like that when you first play them on your computer?

you may need to deinterlace. http://www.100fps.com/

AVI.net is free

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/avi.NET

of course you will need to rip the dvd to hard drive first.

The DVDS play fine in WMP or powerDVD. I havent tried ripping them as a full DVD then converting.

I will try the suggestions above^^^

Thanks for the help, and Ill let you know how I make out!

can u have a try by downing this program again.
by the way , after ripping, which program do u use to play, could u tell me?

I tried re-downloading and reinstalling, but it did not work.

I have tried playing the files in divx, powerdvd, and windows media player, and on another computer, but the video looks the same.

[QUOTE=dustin7837;2022035]I tried re-downloading and reinstalling, but it did not work.

I have tried playing the files in divx, powerdvd, and windows media player, and on another computer, but the video looks the same.[/QUOTE]

hi, dustin, could u send a piece of the video to support@imtoo.com and they will help u on time and more professional. thanks