Very New Securerom New (securerom 4?) - Can it be copied?

i have found that with goldenhawks sector editor, i cant read beyond sector 332593 on the UT2003 disk i bought, but when i burn a image with ccd,goldih,cdmate,brw i can read past that marker.

i have found that brw,golenhawk produce the worst backups. they fail authenication instanly.

clone and cdmate fail authenication, but it takes forever. like its recalibrating and trying to read again…

i haven got 120% yet so i dont know about any disc errors, but goldy had no problems reading the sectors right to the end. hmmm a thought

where can i get a proggie to read untill it gets a sens failure ? (ie the real end of the media) a a program that will burn a iso like that ??

maxx

My back up of UT2k3 worked the first time right after I installed it off of the back up, although very briefly, went to the main options screen, then crashed to desk top. Since then have not been able to get it to work with the back up in the drive. With Original in drive it would work, but very unstable and skipped a lot. Installed NO-CD patch took care of that problem and now all is fine. Any ideas?

Originally posted by wizeguy525
Any ideas?
Nope. But read this and weep. Then this and cry some more.

With the abundance of filesharing programs out there NO CD patches are easy to come by. If SecureRom starts becoming more popular, Im sure you will see even more patches being released days before the actual game hits store shelves.
Since the CDs wont be required at all after this patching, and since broadband internet access will allow more people to share these patched games than ever before, I predict the serious profit loss will make SecureRom investors eventually rethink using this protection. If they continue to force ordinary users to find extraordinary solutions they just make more piracy you see.

Can it be copied?? Not YET… Give it a minute or two and we’ll see.:smiley:

Oh ya, and where the heck are my fair use rights anyway??

Anybody know how exactly this damn new Securom works? Is it more than the physical structure of the CD?

As of today, October 28, the new Securom has been defeated.

Alcohol 120% was just released with a new option which can emulate the “Data Position Measurement” on the CD.

For the first time I was finally able to create a back up image of “Rollercoaster Tycoon 2”.

You can download the new version here:

http://www.alcohol-software.com

It’s not defeated yet. Alcohol only emulates SecuROM, we still can’t burn it. But it’s a step on the way…

There is a way around that too:

You CAN burn the MDF & MDS files onto a CD and mount in directly from the CD-ROM drive of any computer (provided that you have Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools installed first).

Originally posted by Brentnor
[B]There is a way around that too:

You CAN burn the MDF & MDS files onto a CD and mount in directly from the CD-ROM drive of any computer (provided that you have Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools installed first). [/B]

Image mounted from cdr rather than hard drive didn’t work when I tried it so don’t get your hopes up on this yet.

Rumour is going that in spite of all kinda people trying things the version CDMate2.2.8.1 will do the trick as if it wasn’t a trick at all. :slight_smile:

So try to your advantage,
Regards

ermmmmm :eek: you have GOT to be kidding me ?

If this one is true why hasnt anyone come forward yet ?
Anyone else tried this ?

Someone lemme know pls !!! cuz this makes me wonder !!!

Greets:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I’m getting UT in a few hours. I’ll be testing with ASUS and Lite-On with CDMate, Alcohol, BW and a few others. I’ll do CDMate first. Gimme about 12 hours for testing :wink:

good luck youll need it I got all them asus/ litey cd mate new clone cd etc etc no joy. but hey your a pro !!! go for it!!!

Originally posted by FutureProof
I’m getting UT in a few hours. I’ll be testing with ASUS and Lite-On with CDMate, Alcohol, BW and a few others. I’ll do CDMate first. Gimme about 12 hours for testing :wink:
Hmmmmmmm…no luck so far. My Toshi 1202 is the only device that can measure the disc but no go. I think I’ve got about 50 permutations to go. Methinks that working backups are due to fluke/bug in SecuROM. emu is no go as well.

Unless you get a fluke success, I suspect that the best you’ll get is an image made with alcohol that will run when mounted on an alcohol or dt virtual drive.

Good luck anyway. :slight_smile:

People are claiming in other threads that the new Blindwrite 4.2 is getting thru UT2003, im not sure how reliable the claims are but for interest sake you can view them here

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57432

and

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57438

this is for anyone wants to keep track of the people who have gotten thru it. I yet don’t have the game so i cannot back these up on a first hand note.

Originally posted by philamber
Unless you get a fluke success, I suspect that the best you’ll get is an image made with alcohol that will run when mounted on an alcohol or dt virtual drive.
Images run in Alcohol (latest beta 1.1.3 build 1104) and D-Tools v3.32 without emu :slight_smile: no luck at burning though :frowning:

@Futureproof

have you tried BW 4.2.1 yet? coz lots of ppl seem to have success with it.

BlindWrite Suite 4.2.1.0 which includes the Physical CD Charateristics Dumper (BWABuilder) can copy ut 2003. Just read the readme file after installing it will tell you what to do :bigsmile:

Originally posted by webcrawler
[B]@Futureproof

have you tried BW 4.2.1 yet? coz lots of ppl seem to have success with it. [/B]
got it just now. I’ve fallen off Fabrice’s mailing list for some reason