VERY LONG Lead-in/Lead-out times

vbimport

Hey all,

I’m currently running GSB9 (stock) in my 451s and with Costco TDK CMC MAGF01’s, my lead-in times are around 3:45 before the burn starts. The drive spins up to write the lead-in, which takes about 10 seconds, then spins down and sits idle for 3:45 before starting the burn, which takes around 14:00 (+/-30 seconds) @4x. It then takes 6 more minutes to write the lead-out and finalize the disc. Total process time is around 23:30 in Nero from start to finish. It takes the same amount of time in DVD Decrypter. Latest versions of each program. Any ideas why it takes so long to write the lead-in/out on these discs?? Scans below.

Another question… Why do the KProbe scans look almost perfect and the Nero Transfer Rate test falls on it’s face at the end. Wouldn’t the errors in the Transfer Rate test show up in higher PI/PO errors in the KProbe scan?? It happens on every one of them. Thanks for any help.

Deep

PS. I’ve also tried GS0F/H/K and VS08/A

Is it only this media that does it? Don’t rule out a driver problem. Make sure you have the latest drivers and burning software versions. Uninstall the burning software and ASPI and then reinstall.

It may also be releated to the other problems you are having with your drive.

Another question… Why do the KProbe scans look almost perfect and the Nero Transfer Rate test falls on it’s face at the end. Wouldn’t the errors in the Transfer Rate test show up in higher PI/PO errors in the KProbe scan?? It happens on every one of them. Thanks for any help.

It’s to do with the read speed. Try a KP scan with KP’s speed set to max and you will start to see the cause of the slowdown. It’s usually a media contrast problem.