Very Important Please Read: There is a new trojan floating around

[Logon News - Jul 02 2003]

There is a new trojan floating around that asks you to open a url referencing mindjail.zip. This WILL infect you with the trojan. Please do NOT open any urls unless you know and trust the person it is coming from.

The Diplomat :smiley:

Worth checking this thread out

And changed the title so it better describes what this thread is about.

ty

:bow:

Security issues, such as viruses and trojans, are one of the reasons why I am working on changing my O/S to a *nix based one, like Red Hat Linux v9. They are more or less immune to viruses :smiley:

Too bad so many Windows apps I could not live without do not work with such O/S’es. I will have to learn more about Windows emulators in the *nix environment before I swap over. Might still want to keep a dual-boot system.

BTW, does anyone have a link which describes the entire Terminal window command set for Linux or FreeBSD?

Originally posted by Devils Advocate
BTW, does anyone have a link which describes the entire Terminal window command set for Linux or FreeBSD?

that would be quite an impressive list. do you want something that describes everything you can type at the console, system utils included? or just the more basic commands? to me, the first would be infinetly more useful, and of course, that much harder to find.

this is a pretty good intro site to Unix, got me started way back when

http://www.geek-girl.com/unix.html