Very few BF deals of value

vbimport

wow, this year seems like a bust… even the pre-black friday deals are horrible. it seems like a competition to make high prices seem like a deal…

Anyone find anything good in the ads yet?

Newegg will have a 120Gb SSD for 49.99 and a 1Gb GeForce GTX 650 video card for 79.99 if memory serves me. As well as a 40" 1080p LCD HDTV for $250

Today they have a sale on a Corsair CX600, which is 49.99 with a $20 rebate, making it 29.99. There’s a couple of decent deals on there as well, though unfortunately the EVGA mobo, the best deal, is out of stock.

I agree. I haven’t seen many deals that I would be interested in.

I am not seeing a lot of interesting deals - that SSD is one - but then again, when Friday hits, then I’ll make the judgments. We’re watching 3Tb and 4Tb prices, specifically. $139 is the best 3Tb deal we’ve seen, and the $199 4Tb prices at Fry’s have been abandoned for 6 weeks now, upped to $299 then down to $279 of late.

We’ll see if $199 is going to be a Black Friday price, or perhaps even $179? Some wholesalers are touching $168 in quantity this week. “Buy a thousand, get one free.” Whoopeee… one whole unit free! Wow… some flaming hoop, eh?

I’ve received already PRE-Blackfriday mails. Like this from TigerDirect:

Early Black Friday Deals -Sneak Peek-
Link: http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=lzCYWqfP/qQ&offerid=272649.10000501&type=4&subid=0

(Yes, that’s an affiliate link, we get a % if you buy something, but the only link I got)

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2664823]I am not seeing a lot of interesting deals - that SSD is one - but then again, when Friday hits, then I’ll make the judgments. We’re watching 3Tb and 4Tb prices, specifically. $139 is the best 3Tb deal we’ve seen, and the $199 4Tb prices at Fry’s have been abandoned for 6 weeks now, upped to $299 then down to $279 of late.

We’ll see if $199 is going to be a Black Friday price, or perhaps even $179? Some wholesalers are touching $168 in quantity this week. “Buy a thousand, get one free.” Whoopeee… one whole unit free! Wow… some flaming hoop, eh?[/QUOTE]

I did see a Seagate 3Tb listed on some BLack Friday posting for $99. Unfortunately I’ve been through so many ads now I can’t remember where its from.

Amazon had 120GB Vertex 3 SSDs for 40 bucks and they sold out in 10 minutes.

There is a deal on Kingston HyperX 3K SSD’s at Staples. The drive I was interested in, 120Gb version, is 64.99. There might be one or two left in a store near you. But I have to warn you, this is the last day of the deal . Also, from reading about the deal on Slickdeals it looks like a lot of places are out already.

EDITED:
As of 4:42pm EST, they are back in stock online at Staples. HURRY!

On Monday, I picked up a Crucial M4 256GB for £99 on Amazon UK. It literally went straight from “Deal starts in 0:00” to “100% claimed”, so as soon as I tried grabbing it, I was put in the waiting list. About 10 minutes later I got it. :cool:

However, besides the SSD, I haven’t seen anything else all that exciting other than musical instruments (which I’m not into.) This year the main focus seemed to be digital cameras (mostly lower end), music equipment (guitars, keyboards, speakers, etc.), clothing and jewellery. :confused:

There were so many cameras that most didn’t even reach 30% claimed when the deal ended. As for the clothing & jewellery, most didn’t even reach the 10% claim mark. The musical instruments on the other hand did pretty well, pretty much all reaching 100% claimed.

I’m curious to see what’s available as the week goes on.

Staples has some decent deals on Black Friday:

Among them:
23" Samsung LCD-LED monitor for 139.99
23" Acer LCD monitor with LED backlighting for 109.99
20" HP LCD-LED backlit monitor for 79.99

Kingston 120Gb SSD(the catalog code says its a HyperX 3K) for 79.99
a Seagate 2Tb external for 79.99

FWIW, here’s some cheaper blu rays-- optical quantum… ymmv

$16.99 / for 25 w/FS

Yojimbo, I am seeing excellent deals on the completely compatible 2Tb Externals starting to drop below the $99 level, yes. I doubt we’ll see too many below that $79 level, but THAT WOULD BE GREAT, if they did. $69 or even $59 for a 2Tb external would mean a LOT of externals for Christmas!

Amazon UK has a USB3 2TB Seagate external HDD, the deal starts at 8:45pm and with the regular price of £75, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this go for £50.

Amazon UK also have a Kingston 240GB 7mm SSD (SATA3 ssdNOW 200) which the deal also starts at 8:45pm. This could be another £99 deal, for anyone interested. :slight_smile:

Interestingly, no musical instruments today.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2664996]Yojimbo, I am seeing excellent deals on the completely compatible 2Tb Externals starting to drop below the $99 level, yes. I doubt we’ll see too many below that $79 level, but THAT WOULD BE GREAT, if they did. $69 or even $59 for a 2Tb external would mean a LOT of externals for Christmas![/QUOTE]

Probably you are talking of desktop external hard drives. BestBuy has a laptop external hard drive, WD 2TB Silver, for 130 bucks. Normally it sells for 180 bucks.

Yes, Coconut, the Seagate 2Tb for 79.99 is a 3.5" desktop drive.

Christine, both Newegg and Amazon have a 3Tb Seagate internal 3.5" drive for 90 bucks. Not too shabby.

The deals have started for the HDD & SSD. Unsurprisingly with the £100 SSD, it’s quickly grabbed, but with the “Join waitlist” button going on & off, it might be still worth trying for anyone interested.

I grabbed a 32GB SDHC UHS-I MicroSD card, currently not even 100% claimed yet. :slight_smile:

I’m surprised how much interest there is for the Samsung colour laser printer. The printer may have a reasonably good deal, but those buyers are going to get a nasty surprise once the toner runs out. A set of replacement toner costs double the price of the printer! :stuck_out_tongue:

I"m looking at the local Microcenter Black Friday ad right now. So far the deals that have struck me include:
Seagate 3.5" external, 2Tb for 79.99, 3Tb for 99.99
Corsair desktop RAM, 2x4Gb sticks of DDR3-1333 19.99 After $20 rebate
Crucial Ballistix desktop RAM, 2x4Gb DDR3-1600 29.99
Corsair PSU’s GS600 600W for 59.99 after $20 rebate
GS700 700W for 79.99 after $20 rebate
TXM850W V2 for 99.99 after $30 rebate
Antec 300 v2 mid tower case+ Antec Basiq 550 Plus 550W PSU 79.99 after 10.00 rebate

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA1155 mobo 74.99 if you buy a CPU
ASUS P8Z77-V- LK LGA115 mobo 59.99 if you buy a CPU and $20 rebate

Maybe my expectations were set a bit high, because I know several of these products including hard drives and optical drives will have to come down in price next year so they’re not as willing to cut the price at the end of the year. There is still cyber monday which depending on how good they do on the black friday stuff will indicate how aggressive they have to be later on in cutting prices to get sales.

2tb seagate $69.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834

I thought I saw a 3tb for $89 somewhere, but if it was @ newegg it either sold out or got pulled. 2tb is the max you can put in a system to not have to deal with uefi bios headaches as a main drive. Also, for example, the 14x lg blu ray burner is $69.99… when the lowest season price was about $55… not exactly a BF steal…

Would like to find a 64gb micro sdxc card for under $40 from etailers which won’t hammer the deal w/ sales tax & shipping charges. Maybe cyber monday or later…

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2665144]Maybe my expectations were set a bit high, because I know several of these products including hard drives and optical drives will have to come down in price next year so they’re not as willing to cut the price at the end of the year. There is still cyber monday which depending on how good they do on the black friday stuff will indicate how aggressive they have to be later on in cutting prices to get sales.
[/QUOTE]

You’re expectations are too high based on recent pricing. Yes hard drives were lower last year before the flooding. But unless you’ve got a time machine, you’re stuck in the present. 2Tb for 69.99 and 3Tb for 89.99 are pretty good deals when you factor in the most recent prices for those drives and comparable drives from other manufacturers. The monitor sales prices are also good to very good considering that for whatever reason they went up after March. This reminds me of some of the worst whinging that goes on on Slickdeals.net where people whine about sales prices all year after Black Friday… “But its not as good as the $20 hard drive I got on Black Friday…”

Not electronics but I just got back from Walmart with some Wrangler jeans that were $9.50 a pair .

Going back about 10:00 for a cheap 24" LCD TV .

Walmarts customer punishment policy for black Friday . Have some things available at 8:00 PM & more starting at 10:00 PM.