Very disapointed in cloneDVD

I have been using cloneDVD and AnyDVD together for awhile but I am starting to get very disapointed in the quality it gives me sometimes. Sometimes it gives me a straight good copy that I can play all the way through and other times the discs freeze and have a hard time being read and get all pixley. I have tried on multiple computers, multiple versions, all kinds of different DVDs it dont matter its the program, Ive converted to using dvdFab which never burns my movies like this. OH! and one other thing it does alot is I go to watch my backed up move and the sound for the main movie is like playing from different scences and is all messed up but the disc being backed up is completely fine and brand new at that. :sad: Im having to rebackup alot of my movies after playing them back for the first time. Not fun.

Most of times playback issues are due to a bad burned disc, and not to a bad edited video.

Before to blame the software, try to check your discs. Most of times the bad burning is due to a low quality disc. If you burned on a crappy disc, no software (and of course no burner) can create a good disc.

What discs are you using (brand and mediacode)? What burner? Did you try to update the firmware? At what speed did you burn these discs?

Maybe using DL disks will help without the compressions and hassles! Just use clone in DVDFab and walla!! An identical back-up copy of the original! Works for me…

How about since they own CloneDVD2 just use it on DL blanks and walla?

[QUOTE=geno888;1969062]Most of times playback issues are due to a bad burned disc, and not to a bad edited video.

Before to blame the software, try to check your discs. Most of times the bad burning is due to a low quality disc. If you burned on a crappy disc, no software (and of course no burner) can create a good disc.

What discs are you using (brand and mediacode)? What burner? Did you try to update the firmware? At what speed did you burn these discs?[/QUOTE]

I concur with Geno888 MOD that flaming without giving much spec is inviting trouble. Maybe if you give more info as to hardware and software and media would be a better way to help with your problems…rather flaming won’t give you much in the way of good help in return…??? Rather it tells everyone else your bias already towards particular softwares…

[QUOTE=rupchurc;1968773]I have been using cloneDVD and AnyDVD together for awhile but I am starting to get very disapointed in the quality it gives me sometimes. Sometimes it gives me a straight good copy that I can play all the [B]way through and other times the discs freeze and have a hard time being read and get all pixley.[/B] I have tried on multiple computers, multiple versions, all kinds of different DVDs it dont matter its the program, Ive converted to using dvdFab which never burns my movies like this. OH! and one other thing it does alot is I go to watch my backed up move and the sound for the main movie is like playing from different scences and is all messed up but the disc being backed up is completely fine and brand new at that. :sad: Im having to rebackup alot of my movies after playing them back for the first time. Not fun.[/QUOTE]

…which is very likely unrelated to CloneDVD or any other involved software.

The problem may be your media, burner or the burnspeed used. :bigsmile:

Its the same old story, the software gets blamed for crap media. CloneDVD2 is a tried and true program, I can see someone wanting to blame the software but not in this case.:disagree:

98% of bad burn problems come from cheap or bad media the other 2% are the burner. It is almost never the software. I only recommend TY or Verb media. everything else is a crap shoot. How about giving some info, what kind of media are you using, burner and firmware etc. READ THE STICKY before you trash the software. No one can help you if you don’t give them some info.

I have used 3 computers, I have used memorex and sony DVDs and I have burned them at 4, 8, and even 16x. I can burn the same disc in cloneDVD with dvdfab and the dvdfab works and the clonedvd is messed up.

I t seems like most of you didnt read my whole post, the sound will be the wrong parts of the movie or even sometimes its like half director cuts and stuff.

So basically what you are telling me is that all 3 burners ive used and my disc are all bad?

I dont mean to come of as some crazy but im just very frustrated cause of the issue im having. Ive tried so many different things.

[QUOTE=rupchurc;1969759]I have used 3 computers, I have used memorex and sony DVDs and I have burned them at 4, 8, and even 16x. I can burn the same disc in cloneDVD with dvdfab and the dvdfab works and the clonedvd is messed up.

I t seems like most of you didnt read my whole post, the sound will be the wrong parts of the movie or even sometimes its like half director cuts and stuff.

So basically what you are telling me is that all 3 burners ive used and my disc are all bad?

I dont mean to come of as some crazy but im just very frustrated cause of the issue im having. Ive tried so many different things.[/QUOTE]

Being your being very vague on your hardware types of burner doesn’t help you in this department…sorry to say…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1969767]Being your being very vague on your hardware types of burner doesn’t help you in this department…sorry to say…[/QUOTE]

umm. okay.

I have a sony DVD burner 16x I bought from newegg

I also have a NEC 16x burner from newegg

I also have tried a DVD burner from my emachine

I have tried all three of them, on different speeds as well.

I have tried memorex and sony DVDs

[QUOTE=rupchurc;1969759]I t seems like most of you didnt read my whole post, [B]the sound will be the wrong parts of the movie or even sometimes its like half director cuts and stuff.
[/B]

I dont mean to come of as some crazy but im just very frustrated cause of the issue im having. Ive tried so many different things.[/QUOTE]yeah it would help if we had more info…anyway all the information that you have given us points right to it must be the blanks your using. We’ve seen the same problems before and that usually fix it more often than not.

[QUOTE=rupchurc;1969779]
I have tried memorex and sony DVDs[/QUOTE]

It’s the blank media you are using. Get Tayio Yuden or Verbatims.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;1969785]It’s the blank media you are using. Get Tayio Yuden or Verbatims.[/QUOTE]

Ive never heard or seen Tayio Yuden before. Where can you get these?

Let me ask you this as well. does this mean the disc that do play fine now might be mest up later on?

@ rupchurc,

Memorex Media is absolute GRABAGE Media only suitable for landfill use. Sony does not manufacture most of the Sony Media branded Media available and the reliability of Sony branded Media is HIGHLY suspect.

The CloneDVD software program has a long proven track record of providing quality results.

If the DVD Burner Firmware is not up to date can cause poor quality Burning results. The CloneDVD Burning engine is unique which relies heavily on Media MID querying which requires that the DVD Burner to have the most current up to date Firmware to ensure quality Burning results.

Strongly suggest ensuring that your DVD Burner has the most current up to date Firmware available and use only known proven quality Media that consistently produces quality error free results such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media.

Using known proven quality Media and a DVD Burner with the most current up to date Firmware the CloneDVD software program will produce quality error free results.

You continue to provide inadequate Hardware and Media information. What is Model Number and Firmware version of your Sony and NEC DVD Burners? What is the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the Memorex and Sony Media that you are using? To obtain DVD Burner Firmware version and Media MID use a utility software program similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

Taiyo Yuden media is available from Rima.Com (http://rima.com). In many circles Taiyo Yuden Media is considered the Best Media available.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;1969789]@ rupchurc,

Memorex Media is absolute GRABAGE Media only suitable for landfill use. Sony does not manufacture most of the Sony Media branded Media available and the reliability of Sony branded Media is HIGHLY suspect.

The CloneDVD software program has a long proven track record of providing quality results.

If the DVD Burner Firmware is not up to date can cause poor quality Burning results. The CloneDVD Burning engine is unique which relies heavily on Media MID querying which requires that the DVD Burner to have the most current up to date Firmware to ensure quality Burning results.

Strongly suggest ensuring that your DVD Burner has the most current up to date Firmware available and use only known proven quality Media that consistently produces quality error free results such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media.

Using known proven quality Media and a DVD Burner with the most current up to date Firmware the CloneDVD software program will produce quality error free results.

You continue to provide inadequate Hardware and Media information. What is Model Number and Firmware version of your Sony and NEC DVD Burners? What is the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the Memorex and Sony Media that you are using? To obtain DVD Burner Firmware version and Media MID use a utility software program similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

Taiyo Yuden media is available from Rima.Com (http://rima.com). In many circles Taiyo Yuden Media is considered the Best Media available.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

What HE said… and a few others as well. Supermediastore and meritline are also good for TY media. Us Verbs if you can’t get TY and…[I]READ THE STICKY ABOUT POSTING INFO[/I]. You still have not told us anything! You keep saying the same thing over again without giving any real info. What is the MID of your media, what speed on which burner, what firmware? Post scans and burn info. Memorex sucks, and Sony is iffy, they maybe anything from TY to Ritek, big difference. The brand means nothing that is why we need the MID.