Very confused, liteon ihas424b displays as a liteon DVDRW LH-20A1H

vbimport

:confused:

I have bought a ihas 224b and sent it back because it read as a “liteon DVDRW LH-20A1H”.

Just got a ihas424b in stall it and boom…liteon DVDRW LH-20A1H.

What the hell is going on. Is my computer I’m using to old? I’m at a complete loss for words with this.

Can anyone explain? Please!

Does the label on the drive say it’s an iHAS424? What firmware version is reported in Windows? How is it identified in the BIOS?

Label say IHAS424 out of an official box. I’m a neeb sorry. How do I check the firmware?

Not really sure what this means? But on a paper attached to my HD it labels the drives.

Drives
Interface…,…Model

SATA 3 Gb/s…Samsung sp2504c
ATAPI…LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H

It has the model that keeps showing up as my ihas drive for some reason. Do I need to uninstall that.

Am I allowed to post pics of it? If you don’t understand me.

Version A07

Please, post pictures of what you see.

It looks like you are using XP? Try uninstalling that drive from device manager and rebooting.

^ Agreed.

Just an update. I have both the Samsung and ihas424 connected.

I Uninstalled the LH-20A1H driver name and rebooted. When my desktop appeared it said new hardware found. You guessed it…Dvdrw LH-20A1H.

Do you know which motherboard is in your computer? That way you can check to see if the drive is identified properly in the BIOS.

There are two sata connections in the tower . A blue one is already connected I plugged the 424 in the other.

I switched the plugs and booted the CPU . I was prompted to the utilities setup. And under drives the ihas424 was present. I’ll take a pic in a minute.

Dell 0HJ054 motherboard

When switched sata cable connections-

But not able to advance past here.

For the moment, turn on those other sata channels and see what happens?

You have a drive hooked up with a ribbon IDE cable?

No boot device available-
Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility

reconnect the 2 sata cables at both ends. And/or try a different cable to connect between your hard drive and motherboard. You may have a bad cable

Yes sir, the factory drive.

It seems that the sata channel/cable that your hard drive was first connected to and now your iHAS424 is the only one working. Cable or connection problem seems most likely

Do you have a spare sata cable to replace the one that seems to be a problem(currently connected to your hard drive?

Double check that it is firmly plugged in?