Version 7.0.3.0 Very Slow Loading

vbimport

Yesterday I downloaded the new version 7 of DVDFab Platinum (I have a lifetime license for DVD to DVD).

After installing it, I noticed that it takes much longer (over a minute) for the software to load than the last release of version 6 did.

Anyone else having this difficulty?

Anything I can do to speed it up?

I sort of noticed it, but its different with every DVD. I avg about 14mbs. But sometimes it lower.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2504916]I sort of noticed it, but its different with every DVD. I avg about 14mbs. But sometimes it lower.[/QUOTE]

Hi Alan:

Sorry if I did not explain it right.

I am not talking about the time it takes to rip a DVD.

I am talking about the time it takes for DVDFab to open up once I click on the icon. Up until yesterday, it opened up in less than 15 seconds. Now it takes well over a minute. I click on the icon and nothing seems to be happening for quite a while. Then all of a sudden, the main screen appears.

Version 7 opens just as quick as version 6 does on my system they both take
7 to 8 seconds to load the main screen. Are you clicking on the icon after you
insert the DVD in the drive or before inserting the DVD into the drive?

If you click on the icon after inserting the DVD first then it does take longer for
the main screen to appear that is why I always open DVDFab up first before I
insert the DVD into my drive. :iagree:

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2504904]Yesterday I downloaded the new version 7 of DVDFab Platinum (I have a lifetime license for DVD to DVD).

After installing it, I noticed that it takes much longer (over a minute) for the software to load than the last release of version 6 did.

Anyone else having this difficulty?

Anything I can do to speed it up?[/QUOTE]

Hi captainvideo

It only takes 7 sec to load on my Windows 7, however it was taking longer but I found that the reason for my long load time was related to my security(Zone Alarm Extreme) which has “On Access Scanning” which I placed DVDFab on the exception list, course I don’t know anything about your security.

Now on the other hand I did run into another issue with v7030 not loading properly and I corrected that issue by going into C/windows/prefetch and deleting the multiple entries I found forfor DVDFab7, sometimes windows don’t know which prefetch file to use for a program if it has multiple prefetch files…

getit29:

It takes just as long (over a minute) without a DVD loaded into my burner as it does with one. It never took this long prior to installing version 7 yesterday.

StormJumper:

I checked my prefetch folder and there wasn’t anything in there relating to DVDFab 7.

So I am stumped as to why this software is taking over a minute to load.

Thanks for both your replies. Any other thoughts?

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2504967]getit29:

It takes just as long (over a minute) without a DVD loaded into my burner as it does with one. It never took this long prior to installing version 7 yesterday.

StormJumper:

[B]I checked my prefetch folder and there wasn’t anything in there relating to DVDFab 7[/B].

So I am stumped as to why this software is taking over a minute to load.

Thanks for both your replies. Any other thoughts?[/QUOTE]

:eek: When ever you start and/or load a program always places a boot file(prefetch file) of the program so it can load the program faster the next time it is opened, are you sure there is no entries for DVDFab :confused:

I think thats Pathplayer decrypting the disc. Some take longer than others, for me it doesnt matter as long as the final product is good. I am in no rush.:wink:

StormJumper:

I cleared out my prefectch folder completely, rebooted, and it is still taking over a minute for DVDFab 7 to load.

Then I restored the icon for DVDFab 6 and it took less than 10 seconds to load.

So there is definitely something different about DVDFab 7 which I installed yesterday which is causing it a considerably longer load time.

Alan:

It is not pathplayer because the load time is just as long if there is no DVD in my drive. Again, like I just mentioned, DVDFab 6 only takes about 10 seconds to load.

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2504981]StormJumper:

I cleared out my prefectch folder completely, rebooted, and it is still taking over a minute for DVDFab 7 to load.

Then I restored the icon for DVDFab 6 and it took less than 10 seconds to load.

So there is definitely something different about DVDFab 7 which I installed yesterday which is causing it a considerably longer load time.

Alan:

It is not pathplayer because the load time is just as long if there is no DVD in my drive. Again, like I just mentioned, DVDFab 6 only takes about 10 seconds to load.[/QUOTE]

At my age I guess I should start counting those extra minutes. LOL.

I tried uninstalling DVDFab 7 and then reinstalling it.

Same thing. It might be a tad bit quicker to load than before, but it still takes over 6 times longer to load than DVDFab 6.

Should I maybe uninstall DVDFab 6? Could having both installed be causing some kind of conflict?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2504984]At my age I guess I should start counting those extra minutes. LOL.[/QUOTE]

:eek: When I start counting the time I really start feeling my age :frowning: so for us it’s not advisable :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2504986]I tried uninstalling DVDFab 7 and then reinstalling it.

Same thing. It might be a tad bit quicker to load than before, but it still takes over 6 times longer to load than DVDFab 6.

Should I maybe uninstall DVDFab 6? Could having both installed be causing some kind of conflict?[/QUOTE]

I have both v6220 and v7030 on my system and don’t have any problems, if for some reason you don’t have DVDFAB7030 listed in the prefetch folder I suspect that is where the problem is at…

Try doing a clean uninstall using the guide below, after you do check for malware before re-installing…also make sure you use a freshly downloaded install package not the one you already have.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2504991]I have both v6220 and v7030 on my system and don’t have any problems, if for some reason you don’t have DVDFAB7030 listed in the prefetch folder I suspect that is where the problem is at…

Try doing a clean uninstall using the guide below, after you do check for malware before re-installing…also make sure you use a freshly downloaded install package not the one you already have.[/QUOTE]

StormJumper:

Thanks for your reply.

DVDFAB7030 is listed in my prefetch folder.

The Clean Uninstall guide is too complicated for me so I will leave things alone.

Maybe I have been making too much of a big deal over nothing. Even though it does take much longer for version 7 to load than version 6, it does work fine once I get past that.

I am only licensed for the DVD to DVD option. Blu-ray is not of any interest to me at this time. So there is really nothing new in version 7 that is vital to me anyway.

If I start to have issues with the actual software once it [I]is[/I] loaded, then I will start to worry and post my concerns here.

Thanks again.

captainvideo

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2505021]StormJumper:

Thanks for your reply.

DVDFAB7030 is listed in my prefetch folder.

The Clean Uninstall guide is too complicated for me so I will leave things alone.

Maybe I have been making too much of a big deal over nothing. Even though it does take much longer for version 7 to load than version 6, it does work fine once I get past that.

I am only licensed for the DVD to DVD option. Blu-ray is not of any interest to me at this time. So there is really nothing new in version 7 that is vital to me anyway.

If I start to have issues with the actual software once it [I]is[/I] loaded, then I will start to worry and post my concerns here.

Thanks again.

captainvideo[/QUOTE]

You are welcome, and remember if you ever need help we will be here to lend a hand :wink:

I just happened to notice that the DVDFab website has forums.

There is a thread there for the DVD to DVD option under 7.0.3.0 where some users were posting about having the very same problem as me. In fact, some were [B]unable to load DVD to DVD at all[/B] after the welcome screen.

The one thing in common seems to be [B]windows XP[/B] which is what I am using (XP Pro SP3).

Like some of the others, I just reverted to the latest release under version 6 which loads very quickly after the welcome screen. I’ll keep checking the forums to see if there is a version 7 fix for this.

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2507746]The one thing in common seems to be [B]windows XP[/B] which is what I am using (XP Pro SP3).[/QUOTE]

I use XPsp3 with 6.222b and 7.030. There’s no difference in the time it takes DVDfab to load up, i.e., before it even scans the input DVD. AMD 785/710 chipset, 550BE, and 2 gigs of DDR2.

Also, all my backups are Main Movie (DVD-to-DVD) and if anything I find 7.030 a little faster on the overall backup process. Sherlock Holmes was no problem at all on 7.030, as opposed to 6.222b which would do a never-ending path player pre-scan.

Methinks the OP has another system problem that is producing this behaviour.

[QUOTE=burpnrun;2507865]I use XPsp3 with 6.222b and 7.030. There’s no difference in the time it takes DVDfab to load up, i.e., before it even scans the input DVD. AMD 785/710 chipset, 550BE, and 2 gigs of DDR2.

Also, all my backups are Main Movie (DVD-to-DVD) and if anything I find 7.030 a little faster on the overall backup process. Sherlock Holmes was no problem at all on 7.030, as opposed to 6.222b which would do a never-ending path player pre-scan.

Methinks the OP has another system problem that is producing this behaviour.[/QUOTE]

I think you are misunderstanding what captainvideo and others are saying, the problem is not the opening of a disc or the speed of the backup process… but rather the time it takes the DVDFab application itself to open.

@StormJumper:
Not to be snarky, but what part of my second sentence was incomprehensible? The rest was context/comment.

[QUOTE=burpnrun;2508007]@StormJumper:
Not to be snarky, but what part of my second sentence was incomprehensible? The rest was context/comment.[/QUOTE]

Incomprehensible was not the proble on my part but rather a vision issue :frowning:
didn’t see where you stated “to load” :doh: one of the downside of having just one eye :iagree:
good thing I started off with “I think” :bigsmile: