Version 5 with version 4

vbimport

I have a registered copy of version 4.1.2.0 platinum on my machine and I am just now getting around to upgrading to version 5. Two questions from a procrastinator:

1 - do I have to delete version 4 before downloading and installing version 5. Will it leave version 4 and will this cause problems/conflicts or will it overwrite version 4 and cause problems/conflicts?

2 - What and from where do I download. Are there two separate programs - DVDFab and DVDFab mobile? Should I download from the DVDFab home page or from the link to the most current version at the top of this froum.

Sorry - it was only two questions when I started, but I’m obviously a newbie and don’t want to mess anything up. Thanks in advance for your help.

[quote=fenway;2145622]I have a registered copy of version 4.1.2.0 platinum on my machine and I am just now getting around to upgrading to version 5. Two questions from a procrastinator:

1 - do I have to delete version 4 before downloading and installing version 5. Will it leave version 4 and will this cause problems/conflicts or will it overwrite version 4 and cause problems/conflicts?

2 - What and from where do I download. Are there two separate programs - DVDFab and DVDFab mobile? Should I download from the DVDFab home page or from the link to the most current version at the top of this froum.

Sorry - it was only two questions when I started, but I’m obviously a newbie and don’t want to mess anything up. Thanks in advance for your help.[/quote]
You don’t have to remove ver 4 from your system and no it will not cause any problem with ver 5

To upgrade to ver 5 you will however need to request a new key the ver 4 key will not activate ver 5, you can get a new key here–> http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm
you will have to submit your email address for verification reasons, if your email address has changed then you will have to submit it for the change

And download from dvdfab.com …not from .net

Hi Storm,

I am using dvd plat, version 5.0.5.0. Can I install latest beta in separate folder? 5.0.5.0 is working very well but I would like to test beta. :rolleyes:

[quote=rogman49;2145854]Hi Storm,

I am using dvd plat, version 5.0.5.0. Can I install latest beta in separate folder? 5.0.5.0 is working very well but I would like to test beta. :rolleyes:[/quote]
You can install and test the latest version and if it does not work the way you like you can always revert back to version 5050, if you don’t have the install package for version 5050 I will be more then happy to send it to you :wink:
But you may find that version 5100 is very stable, the only real known issue is with nero 9 which will be fixed in the next release :smiley:

If you are happy with v4, I would recommend sticking with it and not changing to v5 (at least dont delete v4 off your system). My experience with v5 (at least from a DVD to psp conversion perspective), is that there are issues with the mobile option that you may not be able to live with.