Version 4 and Vista 64

I’m having a problem with DVDFab v4 and Windows Vista 64-bit. This is running on a Mac OSX with VMWare Fusion.

It won’t finish scanning the disk. It works fine in Fusion with XP Pro.

Stewie

[QUOTE=stewie7669;1929916]I’m having a problem with DVDFab v4 and Windows Vista 64-bit. This is running on a Mac OSX with VMWare Fusion.

It won’t finish scanning the disk. It works fine in Fusion with XP Pro.

Stewie[/QUOTE]

Open Common Settings and make sure that PathPlayer is disabled

[QUOTE=StormJumper;1929985]Open Common Settings and make sure that PathPlayer is disabled[/QUOTE]

I’ll give that a try.

Just curious… is it a VMWare Fusion issue or a Vista 64 issue?

DVD ripping works fine under Fusion with XP.

And, I can do anything that doesn’t require direct access to the DVD drive in Fusion/Vista 64 (like convert to PSP, etc).

stewie

Disabling Pathplayer did not work. DVDFab just sits and keeps scanning the DVD over and over.

I got this message from VMWare Fusion in Vista 64 (but NOT in XP Pro under Fusion):

Your Virtual machine has sent an ATAPI (CD-ROM) command that is supported only when programming the drive via DME

You will need to configure your guest operating system to use DMA when communicating with DVD/CD-ROM devices.

Note that some operating systems will report DA is available without actually using it.  In those cases, normal CD-ROM operations will still be available, but special features will only be available if you reconfigure the virtual device as a SCSI device.

You might also try disabling the read ahead cache in Common Settings. I have not tried 4.0.1.0 on my Vista64 machine yet but the earlier 4+ versions worked fine.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same exact problems on my Vista 64 bit system.

Anyone else?