Version 1.3.9.8

hi,

trying to get version 1.3.9.8 from elby.de but all i end up with is version 1.2.8.4.
at least that’s what the info-button tells me. is it just me or does the download on the site need fixing?
does this version already have the new transcoding engine?
cheers,

uargh.

Download from the FTP link not the HTTP and you will find it.

Originally posted by MadBob
Download from the FTP link not the HTTP and you will find it.

Anyone have a mirror? FTP is down for me atm

Actually use an FTP client to connect EG: SmartFTP

Using SmartFTP:

Resolving host name 213.242.80.4...
Connecting to (213.242.80.4) ->  IP: 213.242.80.4 PORT: 21
Connected to (213.242.80.4) -> Time = 0ms
Socket connected waiting for login sequence.
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

Sorry thought you might be just clicking the FTP link

I just connected with no problems using SmartFTP, but I put the IP to 213.242.80.4/download

still no luck :frowning:

ftp://213.242.80.4/download/

Copy to your hd. It worked for me.

Originally posted by Tigger00
[B]ftp://213.242.80.4/download/

Copy to your hd. It worked for me. [/B]

I got it to work :slight_smile: I think the FTP is just very busy or something (I cant connect again) Thanks

yup, got it through ftp. thank you.
here’s that stupid question again: does this version have a new transcoding engine?

New? Not what I’d call new. The VOB engine is a full time job.

http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/revision.html

yeah, i just asked cause olli mentioned that the transcoding engine was being rewritten. a new transcoding engine usually means better quality, that’s why i’ve been curious about it.

Originally posted by uargh
yeah, i just asked cause olli mentioned that the transcoding engine was being rewritten. a new transcoding engine usually means better quality, that’s why i’ve been curious about it.

Its being re-written for the next version (not this one)

Originally posted by slysy
Its being re-written for the next version (not this one)
And, you are, who? Maybe “CD Freaks Junior Member” won’t become you.

quote:

Originally posted by slysy
Its being re-written for the next version (not this one)

And, you are, who? Maybe “CD Freaks Junior Member” won’t become you.


???

Originally posted by FutureProof
And, you are, who? Maybe “CD Freaks Junior Member” won’t become you.

I dont work on it or anything, I thought I saw Olli state that the next version will have it somewhere on this board :slight_smile: I might be wrong tho