Version 1.1.1 first results - must read

vbimport

Ok so tested version 1.1.0 which constantly crashed on my pc - new version 1.1.1 WORKS

Just did a full copy of Yamakasi - PAL:

Original DVD:
Total filesize 7.429.886
Movie 6.225.656
Extras 1.204.210

DVD2ONE 1.1.1:
Total filesize 4.579.548
Movie 3.837.768
Extras 741.780

Everything tested out allright - all menus working fine - all extras selectable and playable - all audiotracks and subtitles present and selectable.
Quality SURPRISINGLY GOOD - definately acceptable considering the transcoding of the movie from 6.225.656 to 3.837.768 - I could show this dvd to everyone I know and noone would question it was the real thing.

And how long did this 1 to 1 copy including transcoding take ??

A staggering 19 min !!! Yes you read it correct - 19minuttes total.

Simply incredible - I am pleased :wink:

I can hardly stand the wait for the version that lets me select which items to remove - or the next version again that will propably also boil my coffee :slight_smile:

What about the pulsating block artifacts? Are they gone?

Dunno - cause I never had any of those in any of my copies.

P3 933MHz
256 MB RDRAM
Sony DRU500a with 1.0f firmware
Windows 98 SE
Movie: Legally Blonde, NTSC
Original total file size: 7.70GB
DVD20ne version 1.1.1 with default output size set

Results: 100% success !
Output size 4.36GB for comlplete 1:1 copy
Time to transcode: 45 minutes

Burned to both Sony DVD+RW(2.4x) and
Accu DVD-R(2x) media. Both play flawlessly on my Sony settop player. All menus, special features, subtitles, languages etc work for both the 16:9 and 4:3 versions of the movie. Great video quality as well !

Thanks Erwin & Rene !
Keep up the great work !!

I love this program!

Pentium 4 3.06ghz HyperThreading CPU
1024mb of DDR 333
Sony DRU500a
Windows XP Professional
Movie: The Ring: Widescreen
Original File Size 7.91gb
DVD2One Version 1.11

Results 100% Success
Output Size: 4.47gb for 1:1
Time to Transcode: 6minutes 41 seconds
Friggen Awesome!

Total time from Rental DVD to Finished DVD-R 47 minutes
Decoding/dvd2one/burn time

DVD21 - remember to process to a secondary harddrive - not to the same drive you have the original dvd. This way your 45 min would be cut in half to approx 23 min

BossTom - nice timings there :bigsmile:

DVCII,
What do you mean secondary hard drive ?
I only have one hard drive. I think the issue is the speed of my processor more than anything else. I’m happy with 45 minutes all things considered.

dvd21 - no its not the speed of your processor slowing you down - its the fact that when using only 1 harddrive you have to read AND write from/to the same drive at the same time.

If you put in another harddrive as slavedrive - it doesnt need to be bigger than 10BG - then the speed of your processing with dvd2one would almost double - I promise. Simply keep the ripped dvd on the first harddrive and process with dvd2one onto the second harddrive.

Besides my main computer P4-2.4 I also have a PIII-700 - which process almost as fast as my main computer - simply because its not as much your cpu limiting the speed with dvd2one - but the speed of your disksystem.

Its not a big problem I know - sure 45 minuttes is great - but wouldent 23 minuttes be a litle more great ? Just thought I would pass the tip to you if you werent aware of this. :slight_smile:

Thanks DVCII for the secondary disk tip.
Makes sense that a second drive would speed things up since the I/O would be split amongst them. Maybe down the road I’ll slap another drive in there, but for now I’m content.

If you’ve ever done the DVD to VCD processing steps (we’re talking several hours),
45 minutes is sweet ! Also, for many movies I
only back up the main movie. I guess the bigger/faster/better technology gets, the more spoiled we get :cool:

Originally posted by DVCII

If you put in another harddrive as slavedrive - it doesnt need to be bigger than 10BG - then the speed of your processing with dvd2one would almost double - I promise. Simply keep the ripped dvd on the first harddrive and process with dvd2one onto the second harddrive.:slight_smile:

I’ve tried the dual drive to transcode, and it only saved me 1 minute! Granted a P3 667 w/1 40g 7200rpm and 1 7.5g 5600 rpm is not the hottest car in the garage, but no real appreciable speed increase…running W98se & 512mg ram…Glad it works for you. :slight_smile:

:bigsmile: WF