Veritas Simple Backup

vbimport

Hello, all.
I’m looking for any input regarding a problem with Veritas Simple Backup. I’ve just had to wipe and reload XP due to um, bugs, and backed up my music and video using the Veritas program which came with my Sony DVD burner.
The problem is that, when I put the backup media #1 disc into the drive, Simple Backup starts to run, then tells me “Unable to load product-specific support dll. The application will now terminate.” That’s all, folks. Thankfully I used DLA for my pictures.
Does anyone suppose the fact that I have SP2 installed rather than SP1 might be related?
I’ve searched the other forums for related threads on this, but they all seem to have died a couple of years ago.
Thanks for reading and, hopefully, saving my tunes. :sad:
Cheers!
Peter

You mention DLA. This can be the root of your issue too. You might want to reinstall the Veritas/Roxio/Sonic stuff and see if that helps restore your files. Personally, I’ll never use DLA or InCD again becaue of compatibility issues I have had. BTW: Veritas has been around for a very long time (think DOS) and they should be able to assist in some way.
Just my 2 cents

[quote=jc836;2020512]You mention DLA. This can be the root of your issue too. You might want to reinstall the Veritas/Roxio/Sonic stuff and see if that helps restore your files. Personally, I’ll never use DLA or InCD again becaue of compatibility issues I have had. BTW: Veritas has been around for a very long time (think DOS) and they should be able to assist in some way.
Just my 2 cents[/quote]

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I can’t reinstall the Veritas software. Can’t find the flamin’ disc. Naturally it’d be the only one that I didn’t put in the “safe place”.
I’ve been all over the web looking for support, and can’t find it. All roads seem to lead to Symantec for some reason, and I get nowhere at their website.