Verify option in ImgBurn

vbimport

Hi,

I read the guide for burning in buildmode for ImgBurn, but I don’t understand the part about verify. It says you can only do it after a burn, but not thereafter? Probably my english sucks, but I don’t get it. I leave the check on verify before burning and when its done burning I pop the disc back in to verify it. Well in short, do I need to use verify? I assume its better if I do use it.

Verify checks the contents of the burned disk against the source files. Once you’re on to another project ImgBurn ‘forgets’ where the source files are. If verify is on, the drive will automatically open when the burning is done, close and then start reading and comparing. I think it’s worth the extra minutes to verify.

Oh ok, I guess I won’t skip that step, but my burner is from a laptop so I have to manually push it back in :frowning:

There is an extra verify option where you dont need to burn before…

[QUOTE=MasterRoshi;1986427]Oh ok, I guess I won’t skip that step, but my burner is from a laptop so I have to manually push it back in :([/QUOTE]

It is not necessary to set manually the verify option anytime you do a burn: once you select it in the main window ImgBurn will remember the setting :slight_smile:

Oh I know that. But what I meant by having to manually push it back in was referring to my dvd drive. He mentioned the drive will close automatically when done burning to verify, but mine won’t since its a laptop :stuck_out_tongue: So if I went afk and came back I’d still need to push it in and verify instead of having the burning AND verify done in one shot.

Then yu have selected “EJECT”!

You can uncheck the ‘cycle tray before verify’ option in the settings but then the Verify isn’t as good / reliable as it could be.

Half of the test is that the drive can re-initialise the disc it just wrote, and that can only happen if you eject it and reinsert it.

Under settings -> Device I see “Eject Tray After…” with for boxes for read, write, verify, and erase, but they are all unchecked, by default, I haven’t changed it.

[quote=LIGHTNING UK!;1986997]You can uncheck the ‘cycle tray before verify’ option in the settings but then the Verify isn’t as good / reliable as it could be.

Half of the test is that the drive can re-initialise the disc it just wrote, and that can only happen if you eject it and reinsert it.[/quote]
I guess I will just do it like that then if its better.

Then the trouble seems to be with your burner…

I was wondering if its okay to be using the computer when its verifying?

[quote=MasterRoshi;2001952]I was wondering if its okay to be using the computer when its verifying?[/quote] Yes, that’s fine. Just don’t try to read the same disc that is being verified, or it will become very slow bacuse of constant seeking back and forth.