Verify fails since 5.1.0.8

vbimport

Since 5.1.0.8 the verify function has continuously failed. It worked OK in previous versions. I tried it in all newer versions and today in 5.2.1.2. It still fails.

This shows on screen:

Burn DVD completed successfully
Verify DVD started
Task_3 failed! Error=100
Process failed!

The log shows a successful write but does not mention verify.

Any information or help will be appreciated.

[quote=joelrosado;2178251]Since 5.1.0.8 the verify function has continuously failed. It worked OK in previous versions. I tried it in all newer versions and today in 5.2.1.2. It still fails.

This shows on screen:

Verify DVD started
Task_3 failed! Error=100
Process failed!

The log shows a successful write but does not mention verify.

Any information or help will be appreciated.[/quote]
Hi Joelrosado
some members had this issue and it was addressed or fixed in version 5110, here is the change log posted by Fengtao

5.1.1.0 (November 1, 2008)

• New: Improved speed of “Verify disc after finished burning” up to 500%.
  • New: Improved cleaning of DVD structure.
  • New: Added support for Nero 9 burning engine.
  • Fix: “Copy Non-DVD files” was broken from version 5.1.0.0.
  • Fix: Drive A and B cannot be recognized as DVD source.
  • Fix: Windows 98/Me support was broken for some time, and now it’s back.
  • Fix: Second output disc of “Customize Split” will not play correctly on some standalone players.
    [B]* Fix: “Verify disc after finished burning” may be skipped.
    [/B]* Fix: Aspect ratio in small preview window is wrong when source is 4:3.
  • Fix: MKV with H264 output cannot be played on some players. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

there are other factors that can effect the verify process
poor quality media
burning to close to the edge and not being closed properly
having a on-the-fly program running in the background
and there are others

Thanks for a very comprehensive reply, Stormjumper.

There was a typo in my post. I had meant to write the problem of failure to verify started with [B]5.2.0.8[/B] (not 5.1.0.8).

I really think this is a bug in DVDFab’s most recent versions.

Regarding some of the excellent suggestions you made:
• The media is top-of-the-line Sony, which I’ve been using with no problems for three years. It’s listed in the top few high quality media sources.
• I’ve carefully made sure that nothing else is running in the background. That was a very good reminder, though.
• The problem occurs on copies that are relatively small and don’t get close to the edge, as wll as larger compilations.

Yes, I have the exact same problem and it is definitely some kind of bug. Its like there is no attempt at verification and it just throws up the error. Reverting to pre 5.1.0.8 version causes verification to run successfully.

I have the same issue as well. it was just intoduced a few betas ago, and it’s still failing on the verify.

Actually, reverting back to 5.1.0.0 gives me a “Process Complete” but it never verified. It seems to think it did as there is no error message but I watched DVDFab write the lead out and 30 seconds later the “Process Complete” message appeared.

[quote=joelrosado;2178623]Thanks for a very comprehensive reply, Stormjumper.

There was a typo in my post. I had meant to write the problem of failure to verify started with [B]5.2.0.8[/B] (not 5.1.0.8).

I really think this is a bug in DVDFab’s most recent versions.

Regarding some of the excellent suggestions you made:
• The media is top-of-the-line Sony, which I’ve been using with no problems for three years. It’s listed in the top few high quality media sources.
• I’ve carefully made sure that nothing else is running in the background. That was a very good reminder, though.
• The problem occurs on copies that are relatively small and don’t get close to the edge, as wll as larger compilations.[/quote]
Which burn engine are you using? VSO,Nero burning rom or ImgBurn ?.
if ImgBurn make sure you have verify selected in ImgBurn

I’m using VSO, I do not have imgburn or nero installed on this PC.

What is the brand of media are you using ?
Do the backup disc play ?
download Nero CD Speed and use the scandisc tab to check for bad sectors
http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

i do not burn very many discs, so one bundle of discs will last me a long time. so i will say this, the first 15 disk verified fine, and after the upgrade, the same disks have been failing to verify.

but the discs do still play in a standalone player.

Also, i only use the “movie” option.

but i will run scan disk on the disc and tell you the results in a little while.

thanks.

Please try the version 5.2.2.0 as there are many fixes in that version, btw which came out today

5.2.2.0 did not help.

Since 5.2.2.0 the verify function has continuously failed.

This shows on screen:

Verify DVD started
Task_3 failed! Error=100
Process failed!

“Verify disc after finished burning” ist not fixed!!

[quote=th1;2179096]i do not burn very many discs, so one bundle of discs will last me a long time. so i will say this, the first 15 disk verified fine, and after the upgrade, the same disks have been failing to verify.

but the discs do still play in a standalone player.

Also, i only use the “movie” option.

[B]but i will run scan disk on the disc and tell you the results in a little while[/B].

thanks.[/quote]
So what was the results of the scan ?

[quote=jaredrg;2179662]Since 5.2.2.0 the verify function has continuously failed.

This shows on screen:

Verify DVD started
Task_3 failed! Error=100
Process failed!

“Verify disc after finished burning” ist not fixed!![/quote]
What is the brand of blank media are you using ?, if you are using low quality media you will get a poorly burned disc.

Even thouigh it may play ok in your standalone DVD player, your computer may have problems reading some sectors.
I have not had any problems with the verify process and as you can see below in my signature I only use top of the line media.

Its not the media. DVDFab doesn’t really even attempt to verify. Data discs (Same Media, Same Spindle) burned in NERO verify to 100% perfect.

Ok!! just don’t understand why I have no problem using verify :confused:

Happy Holidays :flower:

I just tried with 5.2.2.0 and still was not able to verify.

Jaredrg, timta2 and th1 report this same problem, which would indicate it’s probably a bug.

I sent an email to DVDFab support and got a reply that my report had been sent to the tech department. Hopefully, they’ll find the source of the problem and fix it soon.

just to test, I dl’d img burn, told fab to use it.

then went into imgburn settings, and clicked build tab, and checked don’t promt build details. verfied that the verify was on.

and I am now 2 for 2 on verifying successully.

I followed [B]th1[/B]'s example, tried verify with imgburn and it worked! Also, it took only about half the time that DVDFab’s burn engine takes.

Still, it would be even better if the good folks at Fengtao can find this little bug and fix it…

Thanks to everyone for all the excellent input. And a tip of the hat to [B]th1[/B] for reporting a way around it.