Verify Fails In New Version

vbimport

I just upgraded to the Imgburn 2.4.0.0 and seem to be getting verify failures when I wasn’t getting them on version 2.3.2.0. I am using AnyDVD 6.3.1.2, making a image, and then verifying the image with the original before I burn it. I don’t know if it was ever supposed to pass since they aren’t identical due to missing copy protection, but like I said, it passed on the previous version.

Furthermore, I went back and reinstalled 2.3.2.0, made another image, did some verifies, reinstalled 2.4.0.0, did some more verifies, and here are my results:

With version 2.4.0.0 installed
AnyDVD enabled
Version 2.3.2.0 image passes verification against the original disc
Version 2.4.0.0 image has errors immediately against the original disc
AnyDVD disabled
Version 2.3.2.0 image has errors immediately against the original disc

With version 2.3.2.0 installed
AnyDVD enabled
Version 2.3.2.0 image passes verification against the original disc
AnyDVD disabled
Version 2.3.2.0 image has errors immediately against the original disc

I have not burned a version 2.4.0.0 image so I know that this “test” may not mean anything. But this still seems odd to me. Something is obviously being imaged differently on the new version, not saying incorrect, just different. I looked through the change log, but with my technical inexpertise, I did not see anything that would explain this. Also, the verify failures only occur on copy protected discs. Thanks.

FYI, I already tried to get an answer in the ImgBurn Official Website Forum, but they (understandably so) don’t answer questions concerning copyrighted discs.

You’ll get the same answers here as you did at the ImgBurn forum.

Ahh, I stopped checking for a reply after I got this response from Jill: “Anything to do with either copying and burning downloaded from the net movies or even the ones you own personally is not discussed on this forum, sorry.”

I still feel like my results are odd even with Lightening UK’s response, but I guess it is just something I’ll have to except.

There was a fix in the ISO file creation part in the latest version. It could very well be that fix that creates your ‘problem’.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/old-dvd-backups-worthless-some-new-dvd-players-224544/index2.html#post1850829

I think you should just verify that the burned disc is the same as the created ISO file. With removed copy protections, the original disc and the burned disc/ISO file, will in some cases never be the same.

Turn off AnyDVD when verifying. It corrupts the process. Even Slysoft admit this.

Regards

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2002405]There was a fix in the ISO file creation part in the latest version. It could very well be that fix that creates your ‘problem’.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/old-dvd-backups-worthless-some-new-dvd-players-224544/index2.html#post1850829

I think you should just verify that the burned disc is the same as the created ISO file. With removed copy protections, the original disc and the burned disc/ISO file, will in some cases never be the same.[/QUOTE]

Even so, it still doesn’t make sense that an image created by 2.3.2 verifies good with the original on 2.3.2 and 2.4.0, while an image created by 2.4.0 verifies bad with the original on 2.3.2 and 2.4.0. Maybe it is not supposed to make sense, I was just hoping someone could explain to me why this was happening. It still is the best burning software IMO, but thanks anyway for the replies.

[QUOTE=blutach;2002447]Turn off AnyDVD when verifying. It corrupts the process. Even Slysoft admit this.

Regards[/QUOTE]

I am verifying the image with the original, if I turn off AnyDVD I will always get a failure in this scenerio if copy protection is present.

[QUOTE=oscar13sd;2002568]I am verifying the image with the original, if I turn off AnyDVD I will always get a failure in this scenerio if copy protection is present.[/QUOTE]

Verifying the image against the original is a nonsense because in the ripped files all protections are removed, so the ripped files are surely different from originals.

The verify has sense only if you do it between the burned disc and the ISO file you burned on that disc.

[QUOTE=oscar13sd;2002566]Even so, it still doesn’t make sense that an image created by 2.3.2 verifies good with the original on 2.3.2 and 2.4.0, while an image created by 2.4.0 verifies bad with the original on 2.3.2 and 2.4.0. Maybe it is not supposed to make sense, I was just hoping someone could explain to me why this was happening. It still is the best burning software IMO, but thanks anyway for the replies.[/QUOTE]Well, from reading that thread, the new version do removes some bytes in the created ISO file to allow it to play fine on that player.

I agree with geno888. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2002608]Verifying the image against the original is a nonsense because in the ripped files all protections are removed, so the ripped files are surely different from originals.

The verify has sense only if you do it between the burned disc and the ISO file you burned on that disc.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! :iagree::iagree:

The only thing that matters is that the burned copy matches the fileset you tried to burn.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2002681]Well, from reading that thread, the new version do removes some bytes in the created ISO file to allow it to play fine on that player.

I agree with geno888. :)[/QUOTE]

I guess this is going to be the best answer I’ll get, not saying it’s wrong, any it does make sense, it just doesn’t leave me feeling 100% warm and fuzzy. I’m sure I’ll get over it in a couple more sleepless nights.

Warm milk might help. :slight_smile: