Verify Disc After Burning Feature

vbimport

Hello,

I decided to check the “Verify Disc After Burning” in my settings on DVDFAB.

I can’t find any information on the feature but assume it makes sure that everything burned correctly.

I have tried the feature on 2 DVD’s and it comes back as Failed after the burn.

So I am not sure what this means exactly.

It says that the burn is successful but the verification failed.

Could someone let me know what this means and what I need to do.

Thank you!

Matt

Even if the burning software refers that the burning was completed successfully, this doesn’t mean that data on the disc are really burned correctly.

This happen very often when using low quality discs. Try again to burn on a quality disc, this should solve.

To be sure that is not a bug in the software, you can also try to verify the discs with a different one. If you burned from an ISO file, ImgBurn allow you to do a comparison between the burned disc and the ISO file on HDD, to check if all data were burned correctly. If also ImgBurn gives errors in the verification, then the disc was bad burned (and as I said, the most frequent culprit is a low quality disc).

[QUOTE=geno888;2188603]Even if the burning software refers that the burning was completed successfully, this doesn’t mean that data on the disc are really burned correctly.

This happen very often when using low quality discs. Try again to burn on a quality disc, this should solve.

To be sure that is not a bug in the software, you can also try to verify the discs with a different one. If you burned from an ISO file, ImgBurn allow you to do a comparison between the burned disc and the ISO file on HDD, to check if all data were burned correctly. If also ImgBurn gives errors in the verification, then the disc was bad burned (and as I said, the most frequent culprit is a low quality disc).[/QUOTE]

Yes… and if you are using the burning engine supplied with DVDFab (the VSO one), it also has proven to be problematic with several users recently, and it is suspected to be a little bit buggy… trying another one (the default one to try as per almost unanimous acclaim on this forum) is
Imgburn - a free download.

O’C

:slight_smile:

The best and only way to verify is to just play the copy. Copies can verify and not play when tried. I’ve seen this before. Verify feature in all apps is a waste of time for me.

Use Tayio Yuden or Verbatim blanks only.

That’s how I verify that my copy burned correctly. But for you problem the VSO burn engine has troubles with the verify but you can use ImgBurn and check verify in it’s settings instead of DVDfab’s settings. Then it should work for you correctly that way.

It is how I always verify my video backups also :wink:
and BTW no matter what program you use to verify the backup… just because it verifies correctly right after burning means nothing, if you are using low to poor quality media most likely they will have playback issues at one point or another down the road :iagree: so to me the verify feature is pointless with video files :bigsmile:
tis my two cents :iagree:

Have a nice day :flower: