Verification Error In Imgburn After Successful burn of a DL

Hi,
i hv configured Imgburn exactly as stated using the excellent guide provided.
But after completion of the burn,i am getting errors in the verification process.
i am using Verbatim dls & this has occured while backing up Australia,Knowing & monsters vs aliens(all region 1).I was previously using VSO & sometimes Imgburn but rarely used the Verify option.
So is this normal or is something wrong with my backup?

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2446757]Hi,
But after completion of the burn,i am getting errors in the verification process.
i am using Verbatim dls & this has occured while backing up Australia,Knowing & monsters vs aliens(all region 1).I was previously using VSO & sometimes Imgburn but rarely used the Verify option.
So is this normal or is something wrong with my backup?[/QUOTE]

Hi rohiniro

Are you getting the failure to verify from just those titles :confused:
also what write speed you are using for the double layer disc’s ?

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2446757]Hi,
So is this normal or is something wrong with my backup?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the wonderful world of disc verification with DVDFab!

Please use the following as a ‘rule of thumb’…

• if the disc plays back OK, forget the verification results.

If you want an in-depth explanation, I’ll give you one, but basically, you’re doing these discs to watch them, not to keep verifying them…

OC

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies,
i hv rarely used verification in the past & hv usually used VSO engine for burning. But hv switched over to Imgburn, so wanted to try the feature of verification.I tried verification on my backup of Race to Witch mountain first & faced no problems.I hd recently backed up:Defiance,Knowing,Australia&Monsters vs Aliens.While running the backup of Defiance i ran into a few problems:Some sections in the special features were not running& the DVD was freezing on certain portions even though i hd used a speed of 2.4x (saw it was being burnt at 4x in Imgburn).then i decided to verify & got the errors. I burnt All the dvds thru Imgburn setting the AWS at 2.4x(though the speed in Imgburn showed 4x while burning) using Vebatim dls.
Only Knowing was burnt at higher rates as i was juggling thru the various options of Imgburn.I usually test my backups by going thru all the chapters sequentially in my dvd player if i am not able to watch it completely.In case of Monsters vs Aliens burnt thru Imgburn burnt at 2.4x(4x as per Imgburn):the backup used to freeze at chapter 17 ( i backed up a region 1 dvd) & chapter 17 cud not be selected thru the chapter sselection screen also.So i made another copy of it using VSO:though the burn rate was higher, the dvd did not stop at at chapter 17 & all the chapters are selectable.But i hv not watched the backup fully,plan to do so this week end & post the results. Verification has failed on the other mentioned Backups but i am able to scan thru all the chapters.

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2447607]Thanks for the replies,
i hv rarely used verification in the past & hv usually used VSO engine for burning. But hv switched over to Imgburn, so wanted to try the feature of verification.I tried verification on my backup of Race to Witch mountain first & faced no problems.I hd recently backed up:Defiance,Knowing,Australia&Monsters vs Aliens.While running the backup of Defiance i ran into a few problems:Some sections in the special features were not running& the DVD was freezing on certain portions even though i hd used a speed of 2.4x (saw it was being burnt at 4x in Imgburn).then i decided to verify & got the errors. I burnt All the dvds thru Imgburn setting the AWS at 2.4x(though the speed in Imgburn showed 4x while burning) using Vebatim dls.
Only Knowing was burnt at higher rates as i was juggling thru the various options of Imgburn.I usually test my backups by going thru all the chapters sequentially in my dvd player if i am not able to watch it completely.In case of Monsters vs Aliens burnt thru Imgburn burnt at 2.4x(4x as per Imgburn):the backup used to freeze at chapter 17 ( i backed up a region 1 dvd) & chapter 17 cud not be selected thru the chapter sselection screen also.So i made another copy of it using VSO:though the burn rate was higher, the dvd did not stop at at chapter 17 & all the chapters are selectable.But i hv not watched the backup fully,plan to do so this week end & post the results. Verification has failed on the other mentioned Backups but i am able to scan thru all the chapters.[/QUOTE]

Hi rohiniro

When using ImgBurn as the burn engine within DVDFab you should set the burn speed in DVDFab’s common settings-> “Write” to “Recommended” and manually set the burn speed in ImgBurn according to the MID(media ID) you are using, Please see the guide below in my signature called “Settings” and for the Verbatim D/L set at 2.4 :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2447626]Hi rohiniro

When using ImgBurn as the burn engine within DVDFab you should set the burn speed in DVDFab’s common settings-> “Write” to “Recommended” and manually set the burn speed in ImgBurn according to the MID(media ID) you are using, Please see the guide below in my signature called “Settings” and for the Verbatim D/L set at 2.4 :wink:

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

hi Sj,
i hv already changed all the setings as per the guide.Only when copying Knowing, the write speed was not set to “recommended”.

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2447638]hi Sj,
i hv already changed all the setings as per the guide.Only when copying Knowing, [B]the write speed was not set to “recommended”[/B].[/QUOTE]

Hi rohiniro

Yeah I thought maybe it wasn’t, and I was not sure if you read the guide so I thought I would throw it in for safe measures :bigsmile:

The thing about using ImgBurn as the burn engine for DVDFab if you have a particular write speed set in DVDFab and a different write speed set in ImgBurn then most of the time it can or will cause a conflict between the two programs, so setting “recommended” in DVDFab is necessary to eliminate that conflict. :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

hi,
just finished watching the backup copy of Monsters vs aliens burnt using VSO ( i cud see the burn speed was higher than 4x sometimes 6x-7x when i burnt it) but surprisingly it plays flawlessly on my 2 dvd players-sony & philips.
Another surprise is that the backup of the same movie burnt using Imgburn ( speed at 4x) freezes at chapter 17(region 1 ).Both medias are identical: Verbatim DLs (MKM 003) & in excellent condition.totally scratch free.Both were burnt on my Asus DVD writer.
So what can be the reason for this bad burn…is it something to do with layer break position or some other thing.Please comment.

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2449571]hi,
just finished watching the backup copy of Monsters vs aliens burnt using VSO ( i cud see the burn speed was higher than 4x sometimes 6x-7x when i burnt it) but surprisingly it plays flawlessly on my 2 dvd players-sony & philips.
Another surprise is that the backup of the same movie burnt using Imgburn ( speed at 4x) freezes at chapter 17(region 1 ).Both medias are identical: Verbatim DLs (MKM 003) & in excellent condition.totally scratch free.Both were burnt on my Asus DVD writer.
So what can be the reason for this bad burn…is it something to do with layer break position or some other thing.Please comment.[/QUOTE]

Hi rohiniro

I could be related to the layer break, since ImgBurn asks you to choose a layer break from multiple choices and depending on your selection may cause a brief hesitation.

I myself have never encountered this issue course then again I never burn my double layer media faster then 2.4x either.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2449644]Hi rohiniro

I could be related to the layer break, since ImgBurn asks you to choose a layer break from multiple choices and depending on your selection may cause a brief hesitation.

I myself have never encountered this issue course then again I never burn my double layer media faster then 2.4x either.

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi SJ,
I am usually getting a single Average layer break position in ImgBurn while burning & this has happened even when i am using the clone mode.I hv also adjusted the settings in DVDFAB to not to remove the layer break position.I hv faced this freezing problem now on 2 backups thru IMGBurn:Defiance & Monsters vs aliens.
Moreover it is quite surprising that the backup burnt using VSO at higher speeds plays perfectly fine.
I hv set the speed for burning using the media id to 2.4x in Imgburn(followed the guide to the ‘T’) but am constantly getting 4x speed.So how can i set Imgburn to only burn the DL at 2.4x?I really want to use Imgburn as it seems a better option than VSO.
But these unusual niggles are really confusing me.

Hi rohiniro

Not sure what is going on :frowning:
what make and model is your drive/burner ? also do you have only one drive/burner or two ?

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2449941]Hi SJ,
I am usually getting a single Average layer break position in ImgBurn while burning & this has happened even when i am using the clone mode.I hv also adjusted the settings in DVDFAB to not to remove the layer break position.I hv faced this freezing problem now on 2 backups thru IMGBurn:Defiance & Monsters vs aliens.
Moreover it is quite surprising that the backup burnt using VSO at higher speeds plays perfectly fine.
I hv set the speed for burning using the media id to 2.4x in Imgburn(followed the guide to the ‘T’) but am constantly getting 4x speed.So how can i set Imgburn to only burn the DL at 2.4x?I really want to use Imgburn as it seems a better option than VSO.
But these unusual niggles are really confusing me.[/QUOTE]

I always use DVDFab 6 Clone mode to create an ISO image file. I can mount this image into a virtual drive and view it.

Then later on when I am ready to create the DVD from the ISO, I go into ImgBurn directly. There I set the write speed myself manually (2.4x for DL) and make sure seemless layer breaks is enabled. If presented with multiple layer break choices, I select the actual one (which I get from the .ini created by DVDFab).

I have burned dozens of dual layer DVDs this way and have had a 100% success rate (with verbatim MIS) with no layer pause at all.

hi,
i hv an Asus DVD writer:Asus DRW 1814BL.I had another HP DVD Writer but it is not working at present.Am thinking of purchasing a new one as its always better to hv an option.

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2450558]hi,
i hv an Asus DVD writer:Asus DRW 1814BL.I had another HP DVD Writer but it is not working at present.Am thinking of purchasing a new one as its always better to hv an option.[/QUOTE]

Hi rohiniro

Yeah you are right my friend having more then one drive/burner is a must when you are into making video backups, I myself have 7 (internal) :bigsmile: