Verbitrim DataLifePlus Super AZO Crystal CD-R 48x any good?

vbimport

ok, i have for over a year now been using TDK media, allways liked that, today i KProbed it and gave it B-, not good, all my TDK has been made by Moser Baer India Limited, however i am not sure i am getting the best media. so i ordered 2 25 packs of Verbitrim DataLifePlus Super AZO Crystal CD-R 48x from NeoDiscs, anyway, i got a old AZO that somebody else gave me ages ago (like 4 months) and scanned it with KProbe, it got a A+ :)! it is made by Mitsibishi Chemicals Corperation that also make the Verbitrim DVD-R media i use that is exelent.

anyeay im rambling, my question is that is all Verbitrim AZO 48x made by Mitsibishi Chemicals Corperation, as when i scaned some normal DataLife it was also given B- and made by Moser Baer India Limited, basicly what i want to know is will my Verbitrim DataLifePlus Super AZO Crystal CD-R 48x’s be A+ and made by Mitsibishi Chemicals Corperation, or could they be made by somebody else?

ben :slight_smile:

screenshots:

Verbitrim DataLifePlus Super AZO Crystal CD-R 48x

Verbitrim DataLife CD-R 48x

Verbatim DataLife Plus (the “Plus” is important) discs sold in Europe are made by Mitsubishi, and generally of high quality. (Super-, Metal- etc.) “AZO” is a type of dye that is exclusively made by Mitsubishi. So yes, they are a very good choice for both CD and DVD media.

Verbatim DataLife (without “Plus”, CD media only) discs are cheaper and made by CMC.

oh ok, what does cmc stand for as the DataLife i scanned (screenshot above) they where made by Moser Baer India Limited. anyway i have ordered some of the Super AZO 48x (two 25 pack cakeboxes) and they should arrive on friday (if NeoDiscs are as god as they say they are) so im hoping i may have more luck backipng up SafeDisc 3.2 with the super AZO,

thanks,

Yeah, in some cases, Verbatim DataLife discs can be Moser Baer as well. CMC Magnetics (Taiwan) is one of the world’s largest optical media manufacturers.
“DataLife” (without the “Plus”) is the el cheapo brand of Verbatim (both CMC and MIB are rather cheap). The DataLife Plus discs are usually (much) better (but more expensive also).

i paid £15 for 50 on neodiscs.co.uk with next day delivery… seems a pretty good deal to me :slight_smile:

anyway… ill have to wait untill friday to see if they are any good :smiley: