Verbatim vs TY

Can someone please tell me why all of the varbatim I try sucks so much. I really give it a try but always end up with TY

BTW tried MCC004/MCC004 & all -R versions

Well, if your Verbatim is Made In India (MII), that could explain a great deal, since the Indians (Moser Baer) have real trouble with consistency in making disks there, usually with the dye from what I’ve gathered. If they are Made in Taiwan (MIT), could be they are either Prodisc or CMC made. It seems that media quality with Verbatim these days is sometimes variable, although I’ve not seen that much PIF total and jitter that high on any genuine Verbatims I’ve tried, and I burn on a 1640, BSPB f/w. Where have you bought these, and where does the label say they are made?

I have to agree with Quema34, that scan looks very much like fake media.

Can you tell us the brand (and the code on the disc if its not Verbatim)?

believe it or not they came in a 50 pack from officemax. They were getting rid of these so they could change their packaging. Could be fake. I don 't have the packaging anymore.

Or they could be just REALLY old stock (which is another possibility). I once got some genuine TYs from a place, but they were old, and when you flipped them over to check the dye side, you could see some places that looked suspect. Then the burns proved it–far out of spec for TY. I got my money back on all of them, too, when I shared my burn results with them.

Personally the MCC004 I’ve bought has been 8x media quality wise, MCC03RG has been better about burning at 12x(or 16x) but no guarantees. My premium unbranded TYG03 gave great burn results at 12x and I’ve had no complaints about TYG02 or T02, but in my experience they could rename Value Line TYG03 to Crap Line(I’d say I’ve tossed half of them after burning).

Do you always get scans like that? That’s quite ridiculous because many people get awesome scans from MCC003. I wonder what could be going wrong for you.

If definitely looks like fake media. Do you know how to read the serial number on the hub of the disc? Should start with ZD#### or PAP### or something along those lines.

MCC003 should never scan like thant. Are they dirty, old, mishandled? It could also be your burner/computer’s fault.

I also have trouble finding good verbatim media, especially MCC 004, out of last 4 packs only 1 was good. Out of 3 last -R packs 2 were good.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;1965253]Do you always get scans like that? That’s quite ridiculous because many people get awesome scans from MCC003. I wonder what could be going wrong for you.

If definitely looks like fake media. Do you know how to read the serial number on the hub of the disc? Should start with ZD#### or PAP### or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

No I don’t, I burned this about 3 mos ago (I store my dvd backups in regular dvd cases) & I was just checking it & well you see the results.