Verbatim Vinyl

vbimport

Has any1 seen/bought/tested these Verbatims ?

Some say that they’re made by TY.
If true ( yet I don’t see it by looking @the ring ), can anybody post the ATIP here ?

They must be made by Mitsubishi since they have the blue AZO dye.

Har du förresten sett nÃ¥got ställe i Sverige där man kan köpa dem? Det enda jag känner till är Macoteket men de är rätt dyra…

Combining a retro look with the rugged quality and high-performance of today’s CD-R technology, Verbatim introduces Digital Vinyl CD-R, a recordable disc designed after the popular and groovy 45-rpm record format. These eye-catching discs are a great way to save delicate LP collections, burn your personal music mix or make a standout business presentation. The color-coded discs use Verbatim’s original Azo Blue technology for superior audio writing performance on CD burners and broad read compatibility on car CD players, home audio systems and portable CD players. Digital Vinyl CD-R’s are protected with a dual-layer anti-scratch coating that safeguards data for years to come and are backed by Verbatim’s Lifetime Warranty. So grab a blast from the past – Verbatim Digital Vinyl CD-R.

Originally posted by jsl
They must be made by Mitsubishi since they have the blue AZO dye.

Har du förresten sett nÃ¥got ställe i Sverige där man kan köpa dem? Det enda jag känner till är Macoteket men de är rätt dyra…
Yes, that’s the site !

Jäpp, jag läste om dem i M3s senaste nummer ( #4 maj 2003, s.10 ).
Fast uppgifterna om deras pris är lite felaktiga där ( som vanligt :wink: ),
de säljs ju för 11 kr styck . Svindyrt ändå, tycker jag .

Well, the reason why I asked about them being TY is rather simple-
just before seeing those @Verbatim for the very first time,
I’d run into a couple of Russian sources/forums,
where ppl were defining them as Taiyo Yuden and therefore discussing that matter rather intense,
which made me wonder. :confused:

Originally posted by damiandimitri

See, I wasn’t born yesterday.
Don’t you really think that I didn’t see or read about that kinda stuff before. :confused:

sorry for the info

won’t happen again

next time…no info from this side

:bow:

They are audio discs, with widely varying quality according to some reports. (remember the search button?) They are even tested in the media test thread. They have recently been showing up in Europe under different labels than Verbatim.

I have these discs. Very beautiful but pricy!

This Disc is designed for Consumer Audio Recorder (Low Speed).
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Cyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 15s 21f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Unknown
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 12X

Nero lets me select up to 32x for these discs. The package uses the “Compact Disc Recordable” logo though. I thought an audio disc should have a different logo?

I thought an audio disc should have a different logo?

So did I, but they don’t. It may be that Mitsubishi wants them to be compatable with audio recorders, but is not selling them as “audio” discs. Still, the pricing suggests that they are paying the audio royalty, which they must do if they are compatable. They are, BTW, compatable with audio recorders.

My Verbatim Vinyls have a different ATIP I think and I don’t think they are recognized as “audio” discs. But they are Mitsubishi (Metal Azo I think.) Be sure to burn them slowly. On LTR-52246S 6S02, I burned a disc at 16x and it was loaded with C2 across the disc and unreadable around the end. 4x burned fine but if I remember right, the C1 error rate wasn’t so good. And when I burn one at 16x on 6S0C, it has a few C2 errors again at the end but not nearly as bad as when one was burned on 6S02.

so…you should buy them only for the looks of it…
or am i wrong??

they really look nice

won’t happen again

next time…no info from this side

Already heard that from your side many times before.

Nevertheless, I’ll take your word for it.

appriciate it when some one tries to help

you react very fast and rude sometimes

appriciate it when some one tries to help

you react very fast and rude sometimes
Would you please take into consideration that a “general description” kind of thing posted by you
wasn’t exactly that info I was looking for.

And I didn’t ask for any help whatsoever.
All I needed was either to have someone post the V V ATIP or to confirm or simply disprove
what had already been known to me.

@Darth Boy & scottmso,

thank you , guys ! The 97m 15s 21f has its manufacturer, which is Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation.
Haven’t found the Russian sources yet, but I’ll do my best in digging it anyway.

A search would have revealed this.

Mine is:
ATIP: 97m 34s 21f
Disc Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp.
Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

Originally posted by scottmso
Mine is:
ATIP: 97m 34s 21f
Disc Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp.

Yep. The same here > Verbatim / Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp (deep blue)

Originally posted by rdgrimes
A search would have revealed this.
Another search reveales as follows :

It’s said ( in Russian ) about Varbatim Pastel being TY. So this is about Verbatim Pastel, though.
There has been posted a similar info @ CD Freaks as follows :

Originally posted by Tagman
I just bought some Verbatim cdr’s cheap at Staples .
They are Verbatim pastel discs,10 pack 700mb 24 speed, buy one get one free for £6.98.
When I checked them on Eac they came up as made by Taiyo Yuden Type 1 cyanine blue green. Are these as good as Taiyo Yuden originals.
verbatim cdr=taiyo yuden

As for Verbatim Vinyl, another Russian source confirms the above said by Darth Boy :

Very good,but as someone else pointed out,pricey! I’m in NY/NJ area,and www.jandr.com,has them 10 for 6.99,not too bad,but I’ve never seen them on a spindle. They’re good for MP3,and the regular Audio CD’s…:cool: