Verbatim Value Series

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2461071]The mystery will soon be revealed. I am just back from Fry’s – I picked up one of the +R packs. Both the -R and +R are MIT (all the stock they had was MIT as far as I could tell). I’m pretty sure from reading the hub codes on the bottom of the pack that the -R are CMC MAG AM3.

The +R appear to be CMC MAG M01. Just burning one now.[/QUOTE]

Oh nooooooooooooooo not CMC MAG M01 on the +R those are the crap disc’s I was talking about before
in my other post that I had no luck with. :sad: Now the CMC MAG AM3 might be a different story as I’ve
usually had good luck burning them especially the HP branded ones. I will still bite the bullet and try them
out anyways as they might be good enough to make 100 drink coasters or use them for Christmas tree
decorations. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2461093]I guess about what I was expecting from Verbatim these days :frowning: This is the top disc from the pack.:sad:[/QUOTE]

I’ve had pretty similar results from that MID (under a variety of brands) when I’ve burned it at 16x. If I’m stuck with M01s I usually use 8x (and pray LOL).

But even at 8x playback is often hit or miss. :frowning:

I have had great results with CMC MAG AM3, some brands like Memorex didn’t scan so hot although the Staples branded did.

BUT Video playback on the AM3’s never seemed to be an issue.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2461113]I have had great results with CMC MAG AM3, some brands like Memorex didn’t scan so hot although the Staples branded did.

BUT Video playback on the AM3’s never seemed to be an issue.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here on all counts with the AM3s :iagree:

Guess if these (Verbatim Value discs) do appear here in the UK, I’ll be considering the -Rs rather than the +Rs. :wink:

Thanks for taking the time to run the tests, Dalen :slight_smile:

Just what we needed, more CMC. Sigh. :frowning:

Anyway, while CMC is stable, and AM3 can burn OK, you can already find plenty of it EVERYWHERE, so this is no news. :sad:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2461111]I’ve had pretty similar results from that MID (under a variety of brands) when I’ve burned it at 16x. If I’m stuck with M01s I usually use 8x ([B][U]and pray[/U][/B] LOL).
[/QUOTE]

Does it help?

[QUOTE=vroom;2461219]Does it help?[/QUOTE]

Only if you’re not backing up movies, and require flawless playback :bigsmile:…for data they just about do the job at that burn speed.

Sorry to be a Johnny Come Lately to this thread but I just thought this would be something of interest. I use the Verbatim Value Series all of the time. I have an older duplicator and they work great for that. I also have tried other Verbatim discs and they all seem to not work as well for me. The Value Series has a darker burn circle and the Life Series seems to burn very light and harder to read. I have been using the Value series for about 2 months now and where I buy DVD-r’s the price for a 50 pack is $7.99 and when it goes off sale it will be $11.99. I do not know if that is a good deal but most 50 pack DVD’s are $19.99 to $24 dollars. I know that in the Twin Cities where I live the office store Staples are selling Memorex 100 pack DVD-r’s for about $75.00. When they go on sale it is about $50.00. At Officemax, Verbatim discs are $49.00 for 100. At the place I buy them they are $24.00 for 100 of the AZO or Life Series. As for the tech side of the Value Series. . .I do not know, but as far as the quality I have used 100’s of them and they all seem to work great. I may get a bad burn once in awhile due to my older duplicator. So for those that read all of this, in short, they work as well as any other high quality Verbatim and for Movies that are 1080p, the quality is beautiful. I do not use the plus r as I do not like the fact that some DVD players can not read them. If you are just using the DVD’s for data storage (Wink Wink) then a plus r is great for that. . .

[QUOTE=Arachne;2461261]Only if you’re not backing up movies, and require flawless playback :bigsmile:…for data they just about do the job at that burn speed.[/QUOTE]
I burn all of my stuff with Nero Essentials at 6 times. Anything from a 1 gig to a 4.27 gig size has perfect playback. It may take longer for a larger size but at 6 times the burn speed it works without a problem. . .Just sayin. . .