Verbatim Ultra speed 16x-24x CDRW doesn't work with my Liteon 52246s?

I just bought this CDRW the other day and my burner can’t seem to be able to recognize the media and burn stuff on to it. Why? Thx

Huh?

Works perfect here.

Writer: LTR-52246S fw 6S0F.

Media: Verbatim Datalifeplus 16-24x CD-RW 700Mb, reorder no 43191, made in Taiwan.

No problems whatsoever.

Same here, no problems whatsoever. And its one of the best RW media aswell.

Originally posted by Sgt_Strider
I just bought this CDRW the other day and my burner can’t seem to be able to recognize the media and burn stuff on to it. Why? Thx

By “not recognize” do you mean in Windows Explorer as well? I mean does Windows Explorer show a disc in the drive? If it does show in Explorer is sounds like an application problem… what burning app are you trying and have you tried more then one with the same results. Have you tried more then one disc?

Originally posted by Ssseth
By “not recognize” do you mean in Windows Explorer as well? I mean does Windows Explorer show a disc in the drive? If it does show in Explorer is sounds like an application problem… what burning app are you trying and have you tried more then one with the same results. Have you tried more then one disc?

In my computer, the disc appears as cd image when there is nothing in it. I have Nero demo and Alcohol 120% installed. I thought there could be a conflict and so I uninstall Alcohol, but this problem still exists. Not even my Pioneer DVR-A06 would recognize the disc. Could there be a ASPI problem or something like that? Thx

• Try uninstalling Nero and using Nero Clean tools to remove all traces. Then reinstall.

• Is DMA enabled? Try the drive on a different IDE chain (seondary master preferably, if it is secondary master now, try primary slave).

• If you have a program on your PC called Intel Application Accelerator uninstall it

• Ensure that the jumpers are set correctly and not using cable select.

• Try a different (80 wire) IDE cable.

• Try Microsoft default IDE drivers.

• As already asked, have you tried more then one CD? All with the same result? Is the problem only with CD-RW/CD-R/Factory CD’s, or with all of them?

• If you have Windows XP have you tried using a System Restore Point to go back to a point before the problems started happening.
    (Start> All programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore)

• If you use ASPI is the layer working properly and what version are you using?
    Use aspichk.exe to check your ASPI layer.
    Should look something like this. If it doesn’t use ForceASPI to fix the ASPI layer.

Whew… try all of the above and report back with what worked or if none worked.
Be very detailed an please answer all of my questions this time if none of the above worked.

Originally posted by Ssseth
[B]- Try uninstalling Nero and using Nero Clean tools to remove all traces. Then reinstall.

• Is DMA enabled? Try the drive on a different IDE chain (seondary master preferably, if it is secondary master now, try primary slave).

• If you have a program on your PC called Intel Application Accelerator uninstall it

• Ensure that the jumpers are set correctly and not using cable select.

• Try a different (80 wire) IDE cable.

• Try Microsoft default IDE drivers.

• As already asked, have you tried more then one CD? All with the same result? Is the problem only with CD-RW/CD-R/Factory CD’s, or with all of them?

• If you have Windows XP have you tried using a System Restore Point to go back to a point before the problems started happening.
    (Start> All programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore)

• If you use ASPI is the layer working properly and what version are you using?
    Use aspichk.exe to check your ASPI layer.
    Should look something like this. If it doesn’t use ForceASPI to fix the ASPI layer.

Whew… try all of the above and report back with what worked or if none worked.
Be very detailed an please answer all of my questions this time if none of the above worked. [/B]

What makes things weird is that burning does worked back 2 months ago. Maybe I installed something that’s preventing this from working correctly. I tried system restore and it still didn’t work. I checked my ASPI and it’s working. It says I’m using version 4.60. I am wrong about the fact that it’s only my CDRW not working. I tried popping in my TY 48x CDR’s and it still won’t recognize it. Windows Explorer displays it as CD-drive and when I click on it, I get an error message: “E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function.” I already uninstalled nero and used the clean tool and still no success. Anymore ideas man? Thx

*Edit: Btw I made a mistake about the clean tools…I tried using it, but nothing happens. This is what’s stated in my log: “Could not open key :
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\gencdrom
Could not open key :
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\gencdrom”

Try to disable (remove) all image drives [Alcohol] and packet writing programs like InCD aso.

Disable XPs built-in burning engine:
Right-click the drive icon in My Computer, select Properties, click the Recording tab, and clear the check mark in the box next to Enable CD Recording on this drive.

:wink:

EDIT:…and Nero Clean Tool error is about “generic” drivers…

Originally posted by pinto2
[B]Try to disable (remove) all image drives [Alcohol] and packet writing programs like InCD aso.

Disable XPs built-in burning engine:
Right-click the drive icon in My Computer, select Properties, click the Recording tab, and clear the check mark in the box next to Enable CD Recording on this drive.

:wink:

EDIT:…and Nero Clean Tool error is about “generic” drivers… [/B]

OMG, you are the man! The thing is that somehow, cd recording for the drive was disable! I would never have realized that if you never gave me that tip. Thx alot, the cdrw burns perfectly!