Verbatim Tech Support Has Gone MIA

vbimport

I used to get good and timely responses from Verbatim tech support whenever I had a problem with their media. They would even send me new disks in exchange for bad ones or coasters in the past. Now, I can’t reach them. They don’t pick up their phone, and they don’t respond to emails. I wonder if they’re ignoring me because they think I’m a problem customer who complains too much? :sad:

Ignoring because your a problem customer shouldn’t be there style.
Could be the still the holiday season slowing things. Currently still experiencing that personally when contacting companies.

Is this verbatim America or Europe you are talking about ?

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2121628]Ignoring because your a problem customer shouldn’t be there style.
Could be the still the holiday season slowing things. Currently still experiencing that personally when contacting companies.

Is this verbatim America or Europe you are talking about ?[/QUOTE]

Verbatim America.

[QUOTE=negritude;2121636]Verbatim America.[/QUOTE]

Hey negritude,

What is the tech support number of Verbatim America? I need it and can no longer find it on their website.

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2121641]Hey negritude,

What is the tech support number of Verbatim America? I need it and can no longer find it on their website.

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, i found it 1-800-538-8589

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2121642]Nevermind, i found it 1-800-538-8589[/QUOTE]

Let me know if they pick it up or call you back when you leave a message.

[QUOTE=negritude;2121919]Let me know if they pick it up or call you back when you leave a message.[/QUOTE]

Actually they picked up the phone. The first time i left a message and he called me back the same day…

I will let you know if i get a replacement 10-pack of MKM 001. I supposed to get it today!

NBK

Hey Negritude,

My 20-pack of Verbatim branded MKM 001 MIS arrived today. Verbatim has Excellent customer service in my book so far…

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2122001]My 20-pack of Verbatim branded MKM 001 MIS arrived today. Verbatim has Excellent customer service in my book so far…[/QUOTE]

Like I said, that has been my experience as well, it just seems that they’ve been slipping a bit lately, and I was wondering if it might be due to something I said or did. I’ll try calling them tomorrow.

[QUOTE=negritude;2122063]Like I said, that has been my experience as well, it just seems that they’ve been slipping a bit lately, and I was wondering if it might be due to something I said or did. I’ll try calling them tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Hey negritude,

I happen to live near Charlotte, NC.

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2122103]I happen to live near Charlotte, NC.[/QUOTE]

Well, that certainly helps. :bigsmile:

So how did this one turn out ?

I haven’t had good luck with them. I had some bad ones once and they wanted me to ship them to them and they would check them out and then send replacements if they were bad. I could almost buy a new spindle for what it was going to cost for shipping.:a

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2122896]So how did this one turn out?[/QUOTE]

I was able to reach them via phone and everything was resolved. I had an incredibly bad 100-pack of Prodisc-manufactured Neo-Verbatim DVD-Rs, and I asked them to exchange it for a pack of DVD+Rs. Luckily I got CMCs.

No more Prodisc Neo-Verbs for me. The old-school Prodisc Verbs were great, but the Prodisc Neo-Verbs are crap (at least in -R).

A big shout out and a huge THANK YOU to Dolphinius for offering to help if I needed it. :clap:

I must say I haven’t seen any Prodisc Neo-Verbies at all.
Instead, I saw lots of MBI and some CMC and TY in between…

Prodisc Verbatims are out of production and if you get newer lots of MIT it is all CMC stuff…

[QUOTE=koba;2140112]Prodisc Verbatims are out of production and if you get newer lots of MIT it is all CMC stuff…[/QUOTE]

There’s still some of it in the channel. Before they fell completely apart due to their financial troubles, they were still producing it. So, you still need to make sure to avoid it. There may not be much of it in Europe or Asia, but folks here in the states still need to watch out.