Verbatim -R (TY's) DVD'S £8.99 for 50 @ Staples

Grab 'em while you can!!! I’ve a sneaking suspicion Staples are phasing out there TY range of media. Manager told me they we “reduced to clear”. Also could only find one spindle of TY CD-r which I grabbed. Still smell good though…

Is this an online deal? My local store only has made in India MC 004s and always has.

Nah mate, instore. Unlucky for you on the MBI Verbs front.

I also found some TY +R Verbs in PCW today (50pk) £19.99 was too dear though!!!

Just seen that these are -R not +R…Duhhh!

Are TY-R considered superior than MC004 +R?

You found that too huh? No TY to be seen in Bristol Staples either.

That’s a wicked deal though, going there tomorrow :bigsmile:…thanks, Lemmy1! :wink:

he is talking about -R.

WoW, did not know Verbatim is still using TY media. Good news for the Euro folks since Sony and other brand stop using TY media. US Verbatim are all MIT and MII

Was good news for all the Euro folks. In B&M stores both me and Lemmy1 have noticed the recent lack of Verb TYs (be they DVD or CDR media), and Evilboy has noticed their slow disappearance in Germany as well. They seem to be disappearing. :frowning:

I’ll be ordering online more now, I think.

I just had a thought, my mum just reminded me - maybe store shelves are bare because of the flooding and postal strike (even SVP’s deliveries are delayed), some places here in the South-west are completely isolated because of flooding, so maybe deliveries aren’t getting through.

Maybe once all this is over things media-wise will get back to normal. :slight_smile:

Beat ya to it! :wink:

Are the DVD-R TYs considered to be as good as the DVD+R MC004s?

Between Verb TYG03 and Verb MCC004, I would take the MCC004 if Made in Taiwan.

Panasonic TYG03, now that’s a different story, they’re a bit better than the Verb variety IMO :slight_smile:

What if the Taiwan discs are CMCs? Would you still go with the Verbatims?

Panasonic TYG03, now that’s a different story, they’re a bit better than the Verb variety IMO :slight_smile:

How do you identify these from the packaging? “Made in Japan” on the packaging or something more arcane? (Let me guess :frowning: )

Yep, both the CMC and Prodisc MCC004s work well for me :slight_smile:

Identifying what, the Panasonics? If you’re lucky enough to find any, they’ll say Made in Japan in bright red lettering on them. :bigsmile:…no MIJ, then they’re not TYs :wink:

If you can’t find the MIJ Pannys in a store, SVP have them (I just ordered 100 myself :bigsmile: )

That’s it. Sorry i should have been more clear!

I’ve just sold the 100 Verbatim MCC004 (Prodisc) and got myself another 4x25 packs of Panasonic TYG03 .
While the Verbs were not that bad , they were no where near the quality (or the looks) of Panasonic TYG03 . In fact I’ve found that Pannys TYG03 is better/more consistent than the highly appreciated other MIDs (namely MCC004 even CMC made and TY 8X +R T02) , maybe I am lucky :bigsmile:

[B]Arachne[/B] : why didn’t you buy from aprmedia ? The 100 Pannys at SVP maybe not be as good as 50 spindles or 25 spindles :slight_smile:

You must be :wink: . I wish I had your luck with 16x TY media, or maybe it is just because of drive support :stuck_out_tongue:

Guess I’m just comfortable with SVP. Anyway though, I had to order something else from SVP so did the two at the same time. :slight_smile:

[B]Arachne[/B] : why didn’t you buy from aprmedia ? The 100 Pannys at SVP maybe not be as good as 50 spindles or 25 spindles :slight_smile:

??? You mean it depends which spindle you buy? Surely if the discs have the same dye etc, there should be no difference how many come on a spindle?

Well, it is still kinda risky to order Verb online because you dont know what you will get. I cannot speak for Euros folks but my personal experience with verb in the US could be extreme: either extremely good or extremely bad, so I would not buy Verb online unless it is the DL with the old packaging. And by the way, never saw any TY verbs in the US. You folks over there are lucky, get Maxell MIJ and Verb MIJ. We only get Verb and Maxell 16X MIT

A lot of members here found that 50 or 25 pack spindles of same media brand are better that the same media brand in 100 packs , sometimes it has something to do with pressure on discs or even how holding 100 pack spindles can be unhandy :slight_smile:

We’ll see when I crack open this 100 spindle (I’ll have to soon to split them up into 50 spindles) :slight_smile: