Verbatim +R 8X at Newegg, $27 after rebate, delivered

vbimport

Title say it all. These are most likely MCC 003. Check out my sig to see how they perform.

Hehehe, except how many :wink:

not bad for 100 but i hate the $30 mail in rebate …just give the good price and be done with it!

Yo-

Did you click on and read the thread?

If you did - you would not be asking-

Mike

I should have included the 100 to be clear. I have found these without rebates before. About 3 weeks ago I paid $35. I come out OK with rebates so I will take the risk to save $8. I agree though, stuff the rebates.

Good luck with the rebate! Three and a half months after buying some Verbatims, I finally have half of the $20 that’s supposed to be coming to me. Still fighting for the other $10.

Parago / rebateshq.com – what a bunch of con artists!

It varies. I have had no trouble with 5 Verbatim Rebates. Keep trying, they usually cave, especially with recent lawsuits assessing fines for bad rebates.

oh yes, i have never given up on any rebate to this day.
but as any marketing 101 book will tell you - rebates are designed with the hope that a percentage of people will forget/misplace/give up on the rebate thus increasing profits. it’s this attitude that always makes me look at other choices if possible.

The thing is that does work, effectively too.

nytvd,

I agree with your views.

It’s one thing to offer rebates in the hope that a lot of people won’t get around to mailing them in. It’s quite another to systematically reject valid submissions, as Parago routinely does. Would you shop at a store whose cashiers were instructed to short-change people? That is essentially what Parago is doing to us.

In addition to Verbatim, here are Parago’s current partners in crime, according to its website:

ACCPAC
ADVANCED MEDIA (RITEK USA)
ANONYMIZER
APC
AT&T WIRELESS
AVERATEC
BELKIN
BEST SOFTWARE
BROTHER
CANON USA
CANON VIDEO
COBRA ELECTRONICS CORPORATION
COMPUTER ASSOCIATES
CLOUDMARK
CONNS
COSMI
DAZZLE
DENON
DIRECTV
DOSKOCIL/PETMATE
EDGETECH
EMACHINES
ENCORE, INC.
FRIGIDAIRE
GARMIN
GEIL USA
HAIER AMERICA TRADING LLC
HEWLETT PACKARD
HITACHI
IOLO TECHNOLOGIES
IOMEGA CORPORATION
IRIVER
JENSEN
KODAK
KHYPERMEDIA
LEXAR MEDIA
LEXMARK
LINSPIRE
MADDOG MEDIA
MAGIX
MAGNAVOX
MAXTOR
MAYTAG CORPORATION
MEDION USA
MEDPOINTE PHARMACEUTICALS
MICRO INNOVATIONS
MICROSOFT
MONSTER CABLE INC.
MOTION SYSTEMS
NETOPIA
OLYMPUS
PACKET8
PANDA SOFTWARE
PEACHTREE SOFTWARE
PEXAGON TECHNOLOGY
PIONEER ELECTRONICS, INC.
PNY TECHNOLOGIES
PRAZI USA
PRINCETON DIGITAL
PROVIEW TECHNOLOGY INC.
ROXIO
SEAGATE
SED INTERNATIONAL
SERIOUS MAGIC
SONY
SONY CAMCORDERS
SPRINT WIRELESS
SYLVANIA
T-MOBILE
TARGUS INC.
TECH B
TERK TECHNOLOGIES
ULTIMATE ELECTRONICS
UNIDEN
VISIONEER
WESTERN DIGITAL
WESTINGHOUSE
WHIRLPOOL
ZIO CORPORATION

The price has gone down to $25.50 now. Free shipping. Limit 1 for the rebate. I just placed an order.

I hate mail-in rebates too, but I haven’t had any trouble yet with Verbatim rebates.

Amazon has these for $31.99, no rebate, free shipping.

I would rather pay $6.50 more and not have my money tied up in a rebate for months, but that is a decision everyone must make for themselves.

Agreed Henry. People should jump on this as Amazon does not go this low for long and they won’t do backorders to lock in price. The -R are also this price.

Now that Newegg has raised the price and added shipping, Amazon is cheaper.

99 cents shipping has returned for today. Amazon’s are out of stock.

$30 MIR :eek:

Not worth getting my head bumping in the wall again… :bigsmile:

Keep checking Amazon, no rebate. Looks like they take backorders now.