Verbatim question

are the verbatim cdrw’s from office max liteons?they are 52x24x52
model #vbt522452a and 48x12x48 model #vbt481248a.and if they are do they have anything on the outside of the box that tells you what they are?thanks.

“probably” LiteOn’s, yes. Any mention of SmartBurn isa giveaway.

ronco05,

Yes, the Verbatim 52x24x52 from Office Depot is a Lite-On. I bought one and flashed it with the latest Lite-On 6S0A firmware and the drive is now seen as a Lite-On LTR-52246S in Windows.

Woohoo! :bigsmile:

Rhindle

For anyone who wants it, here’s a Windows Flasher to convert a Verbatim 522452AL to a LTR-52246S with firmware 6S0A. Please back up your firmware and send it to me if it’s anything other than 68S1!
Download here

I made it for ngri714 who tested it and it worked, see here

Thanks Dave. I don’t personally need it now obviously, but wanted to take a minute and say thanks anyway making a sweet flasher and for helping other newbs like myself who are just getting into and discovering all the coolness of re-rebadging (lol) cdr burners, o/c them, etc. I’ve had a old 12x Iomega rebadged Plextor for a long time and have recently discovered this and other forums in my reseach for a new drive to take advantage of all the holiday bargains out there.

Thank you and everyone else in these forums so much for all the input and effort, I’ve seen many of your posts in this and other forums and have helped me tremendously in finding a sweet drive for a sweet price and successfully flashing it to a Lite-On. For those of us who enjoy the process of researching and learning this place is a tremendous resource for all the cdr love out there. :slight_smile:

Rhindle

Originally posted by Rhindle
[B]Thanks Dave. I don’t personally need it now obviously, but wanted to take a minute and say thanks anyway making a sweet flasher and for helping other newbs like myself who are just getting into and discovering all the coolness of re-rebadging (lol) cdr burners, o/c them, etc. I’ve had a old 12x Iomega rebadged Plextor for a long time and have recently discovered this and other forums in my reseach for a new drive to take advantage of all the holiday bargains out there.

Thank you and everyone else in these forums so much for all the input and effort, I’ve seen many of your posts in this and other forums and have helped me tremendously in finding a sweet drive for a sweet price and successfully flashing it to a Lite-On. For those of us who enjoy the process of researching and learning this place is a tremendous resource for all the cdr love out there. :slight_smile:

Rhindle [/B]

SWEET!! Thanks, sorry I didn’t publish it earlier for you to use. It is a very good thing to get experience with mtkflash though.

Heh, no problem. I enjoy doing things the ‘manual way’ anyway.

Keep up the great work! :smiley:

Rhindle