Verbatim Printables

vbimport

I was looking at getting some of the printable discs. Are these the same discs as the non printable ones?

You mean still MCC, with an MCC media code?

The printables I have (16x -R) are, yes :slight_smile:

I do not know the code yet. I just got a new Epson 1900 that prints to discs so I would like to buy some printable ones. I noticed Amazon has the ones with the same jacket I normally get and they also have a clear spindle…

Any ideas?

It depends.

In North America the printables will be the same media code as the non-printables: MCC 004 for DVD+R and MCC 03RG20 for DVD-R

In Europe the printables will be MCC 004 for DVD+R and MCC 03RG20 for DVD-R, but the non-printables can either be those same media codes or they can be YUDEN000 T03 for DVD+R and TYG03 for DVD-R both of which are made by Taiyo Yuden and labelled as Made in Japan.

I’m not sure about other parts of the world.

Hehe, I always forget about the TY ones (maybe 'cos they’re not that memorable :bigsmile: ).

Well that should help as I am in North America (USA) I will go ahead and order some.

Suggest comparing prices here.

[quote=BOOGER007;2062019]Well that should help as I am in North America (USA) I will go ahead and order some.[/quote] Newegg has had a great deal on Verbatim 16x -R white inkjet printables for quite some time now: $18.99 for a cakebox of 50 with free shipping. Last time I ordered they were MIT and write far better than TYG03 in the 8x-12x range on the 20x Sammy and Litey ODDs I use.

If you are in US, please check your local Sam’s Club. They have new package Verbatim 100pk +R/-R printable for under $30. They are MIT CMC.

I haven’t tried the MIT CMC ones yet. I bought a coupel of hundred of the MCC ones.

Are the MIT ones as good? I have a Lite-On 20a1h and a Pioneer 212.

I am actually heading to Sams Club tomorrow.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2062012]In Europe the printables will be MCC 004 for DVD+R and MCC 03RG20 for DVD-R, but the non-printables can either be those same media codes or they can be YUDEN000 T03 for DVD+R and TYG03 for DVD-R both of which are made by Taiyo Yuden and labelled as Made in Japan.

I’m not sure about other parts of the world.[/QUOTE]

If you find a spindle of Verbatim that says it’s made in Japan, it doesn’t matter what part of the world you are in, it will be TY. Of course, you’re unlikely to find MIJ Verbatim anywhere other than Europe, but still…

[QUOTE=BOOGER007;2063651]I haven’t tried the MIT CMC ones yet. I bought a coupel of hundred of the MCC ones.

Are the MIT ones as good? I have a Lite-On 20a1h and a Pioneer 212.

I am actually heading to Sams Club tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I should say they are made by CMC.

The +R is MCC004 ZD9610 PAPA**LL****.

The -R is MCC03RG20 ZD9993 MAP6**MA****.

[quote=negritude;2063697]If you find a spindle of Verbatim that says it’s made in Japan, it doesn’t matter what part of the world you are in, it will be TY. Of course, you’re unlikely to find MIJ Verbatim anywhere other than Europe, but still…[/quote] My point was, that in other parts of the world there may be other media codes available, but that I don’t know exactly which are available exactly where, and whether the same media codes are availabe for printable and non-printable media. What I do know is that Verbatim is (or have been) selling 16x DVD media in South America with other media codes than the ones I listed.