Verbatim portable HDD (Conceptronic 320GB USB)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Verbatim Verbatim SmartDisk Portable Hard Drive - hard drive - 320 GB - Hi-Speed USB. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hi, i have a usb verbatim portable HDD , and i want to know is there some small program i can put on it to keep my files / folders organized on there , so i dont have to keep selecting the type of view i want , eg icons or list or thumbnail views . something small and simple .

How the files are viewed is controlled by your OS. In XP, simply open Windows Explorer, view your external drive, and change the view to how you want it to look. Then go to Tools / Folder Options / View tab / and click the “Apply to All Folders”. Windows will then display all of the folders the same way all the time.

Aside from that, organize the drive. You can use folders and such just like your internal HDD’s.

[QUOTE=Dogg;2145970]How the files are viewed is controlled by your OS. In XP, simply open Windows Explorer, view your external drive, and change the view to how you want it to look. Then go to Tools / Folder Options / View tab / and click the “Apply to All Folders”. Windows will then display all of the folders the same way all the time.

Aside from that, organize the drive. You can use folders and such just like your internal HDD’s.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks , i will give it a try .

i also wanted to know can i install an OS on there ,

i am currently running xp pro SP3 ,

and will the hard drive be recognized on other pc’s should i need to take it to a friends place and connect it to there usb port to transfer files ?