Verbatim Metal AZO 16x and or Digital Vinyl

vbimport

I am looking for some (as I am sure everyone is) and I see on Micro Center’s web site they have some and the page “claims” them to be 16x HERE

I seriously doubt they are for that price but worth a shot to ask if anyone knows.

The only other place I could find them for a (descent) price is buy.com HERE with free shipping.

Does anyone else know of a place that has them as I am going to need about 100.

Thank

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2156887]I am looking for some (as I am sure everyone is) and I see on Micro Center’s web site they have some and the page “claims” them to be 16x HERE

I seriously doubt they are for that price but worth a shot to ask if anyone knows.

The only other place I could find them for a (descent) price is buy.com HERE with free shipping.

Thank[/QUOTE]

Very interesting, I didn’t know such kind of product… Is It only the appearance that looks like a retro Vinyl disc or have something special? And the first link price is really cheap comparing with your second link!

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2156887]I am looking for some (as I am sure everyone is) and I see on Micro Center’s web site they have some and the page “claims” them to be 16x HERE

Thank[/QUOTE]

It’s highly unlikely that the U.S.-market Verbatim-branded CD-Rs of any style currently uses Azo dye. Instead, they are just 52x-rated Phthalocyanine dye-based CD-Rs (and in the case of the “Digital Vinyl” CD-Rs, they are either made by CMC (MIT) or Moser Baer India using those companies’ own dyes and stampers). Regular Verbatim-branded CD-Rs use primarily those same two companies, plus (occasionally) Ritek.

Yep, I seriously doubt they actually have old-school 16x disks. That’s just typical web site sloppiness.

I used to buy those 16X Verbatim CDs at MIcrocenter but they stopped carrying them about a year ago (at least in my B&M Microcenter).

Well then does anyone want to barter for some? :wink:

:bigsmile:Is your wife/girlfriend pretty?

No :sad:

But I have $ and Watershield :kiss:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2157429]:bigsmile:Is your wife/girlfriend pretty?[/QUOTE]

Well I ended up winning a 50 pack Verbatim Datalifeplus 12x and they are Metal AZO :smiley:

Didn’t know they ever came labeled as 12x, never heard any comments other than 16x :confused:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2172030]Well I ended up winning a 50 pack Verbatim Datalifeplus 12x and they are Metal AZO :smiley:

Didn’t know they ever came labeled as 12x, never heard any comments other than 16x :confused:[/QUOTE]

Nice.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2172030]Well I ended up winning a 50 pack Verbatim Datalifeplus 12x and they are Metal AZO :smiley:

Didn’t know they ever came labeled as 12x, never heard any comments other than 16x :confused:[/QUOTE]

Finally :clap:
and what type is your Metal AZO Type 1 or Type 3 ?
Thanks

[QUOTE=negritude;2172104]
[/QUOTE]

I still have some this
it is [B]Dark Blue[/B] AZO CD-R ( TYPE 1 )

I wasn’t going to bid because of the high shipping $15 and the seller was like 2 hours away from my house lol so I asked for cheaper shipping and got it :wink:

Scans?

I will have one for sure this afternoon :wink:

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2172253]Scans?[/QUOTE]

@MegaDETH

By the way, how is that Plextor Premium you bought working out for you? How did it look when you got it? Better than expected? Is the sound when the drive door opens still there? Is it burning well? Would you buy from them again? (no, I’m not stalking you on eBay, I was ckecking out the vendor’s feedback and came across your id).

I was thinking about buying one from the same vendor, but wanted to get some opinions from people I trust.

(You can PM me the answer if you prefer)

lol np :slight_smile:

The door opening is pretty sketchy, kind of grinds the gears a little opening.
I doubt I would by another unless I really needed one.

I was planning on using it to burn my 8x Verb CD’s (the nice scratch protection ones) but my Optiarc 7200s burns them better although I have not tried updating the Plextor firmware yet.

[QUOTE=negritude;2172549]@MegaDETH

By the way, how is that Plextor Premium you bought working out for you? How did it look when you got it? Better than expected? Is the sound when the drive door opens still there? Is it burning well? Would you buy from them again? (no, I’m not stalking you on eBay, I was ckecking out the vendor’s feedback and came across your id).

I was thinking about buying one from the same vendor, but wanted to get some opinions from people I trust.

(You can PM me the answer if you prefer)[/QUOTE]

Here is an 8x burn Optiarc 7200s

Here is an Samsung 203N 16x burn (only speed available)

Sorry not full burns but I can’t waste any…I should have a full burn down the road though.

Ah, so the 7200 series can do 8x CD-R burns. Nice. That’s another endorsement.