Verbatim MediaStation Pro 500GB Review

I just posted the article Verbatim MediaStation Pro 500GB Review.

This is a compact HD wireless network media player roughly the size of a 3.5” external HDD. It features a 500GB HDD, 1080p HDMI output, MPEG2/4 HD playback and LAN/Wi-Fi streaming.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/verbatim-mediastation-pro-500gb-review-23397/](http://www.myce.com/review/verbatim-mediastation-pro-500gb-review-23397/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I am probably not up-to-date on this, but doesn’t the FAT32 file system on the HDD limit the size of individual files to 4 GB? Wouldn’t that impede or prevent the storage of High-Definition video files?

Thanks for the great review, Seán :clap: :flower:

I spotted a couple of typos in the Advanced Tests page. Some values in the tables are showing a smiley

[QUOTE=geno888;2473992]I spotted a couple of typos in the Advanced Tests page. Some values in the tables are showing a smiley[/QUOTE]
I ran short on time earlier while publishing and didn’t realise until I came back that the CMS gobbled up all my line breaks. :eek:

Hopefully the formatting should be all sorted now, with the smileys stripped out. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=ferd;2473979]I am probably not up-to-date on this, but doesn’t the FAT32 file system on the HDD limit the size of individual files to 4 GB? Wouldn’t that impede or prevent the storage of High-Definition video files?[/QUOTE]
That’s actually a very good point and something I didn’t think of at the time.

The FAT32 file system does indeed have a 4GB file size limit, so this will make it an issue storing HD files larger than this on its internal hard disk, unless they are broken up.

For external drives, I ran a quick test here and this will read NTFS from USB drives, so an option would be to use the internal hard disk for music, DVD folders and standard definition files and a USB HDD (e.g. a 500GB self-powered WD passport) formatted in NTFS for HD movies, such as those over 4GB in size.