Verbatim Media Sale At OfficeMax - Starting Sunday, 9/14/08

Starting Sunday:

(1) 100-pack of single-layer Verb DVDs will be $19.99.

(2) 50-pack of single-layer Verb DVDs will be $11.99.

(3) 20-pack of dual-layer 2.4x Verb DVDs will be $27.99.

(4) 100-pack of Verb CD-Rs will be $12.99.

(5) 50-pack of Verb CD-Rs will be $7.99.

yep. might have to buy a pack of the DLs. they are the best for that one thing. and maybe a pack of the SL 100s. most nice.

thanks negritude:clap:

Man that’s another good deal, buy 3 and get free shipping :wink:

But will I get lucky and get 3 good MAP7 packs again?

thanks negritude,

NBK

Hey Negritude,

Will any lightscribe DVD+R be on sale?

Thanks
NBK

thx 4 heads up

[QUOTE=NBK;2125426]Will any lightscribe DVD+R be on sale?[/QUOTE]

No, just some LS CD-Rs, a 25-pack for $12.99.

Great timeing i’m on my last 100pk from the last OM $20 Verb deal

Good lookin’ out negritude! Cheaper than BB’s sales too!

I don’t live near an Office Max. But, I happened to be traveling on the other end of the metro area today and I saw an Office Max. I couldn’t resist even though I’m well stocked. They had MII and MIT. I grabbed a 100 pack of the MIT’s. Tested one and as usual it burned great. Thanks a million for the heads up.

I picked up the remaining shelf stock of 100pk MITs from the local OM store on Sunday. They had some MII spindles mixed in with the MIT versions which I avoided completely. It was obvious they rarely sell since the area looked the same since the last sale and the cashier mentioned something about them getting in a ton of the Magnavox DVDRs but no new Verbs.

Yo-

Can anyone shed some light on what the CD-R’s may be - Ritek or hopefully TY-eh??

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2127094]Can anyone shed some light on what the CD-R’s may be - Ritek or hopefully TY-eh??[/QUOTE]

:disagree:

CMC, as far as I know. And Verbatim doesn’t sell the old-school AZO CD-Rs at the retail level anymore.

CMC, as far as I know. And Verbatim doesn’t sell the old-school AZO CD-Rs at the retail level anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yo negritude-

Mucho thankos-eh!!

All,

I bought 100 pack +R verbs from Office Max yesterday. Made in Taiwan. Had bunches of MIT’s left in both +R and -R. :clap:

Checked by OM today to see what they have in 100-paks. +R was MIT, but all of that was likely PAP6 if history at that store is any indicator. Since I’m fairly well stocked with +R now and have had more bad experience than good with PAP6 anyway, I passed.

-R was also MIT, but had a lower lip than the +R paks. So I assumed Prodisc even with the serif font on the cakebox top and, in spite of really needing some -R, passed on those as well.

One pretty good Verbatim buy was CD-R 50-paks of MII (Moser Baer) silver inkjet printables for $9.99. I’ve been using MB-made CD-Rs for quite a while now and have been very pleased with them overall.

Maybe next time will be better for DVD+/-R selection… :confused:

I jus got a 100 pack of DVD+R and mine aren’t PAPA or PAP6.
8045E1514+10409E16
ZD5174-DVR-T47D

[QUOTE=Robert De Niro;2128489]I jus got a 100 pack of DVD+R and mine aren’t PAPA or PAP6.
8045E1514+10409E16
ZD5174-DVR-T47D[/QUOTE]

Those are Prodisc. May god have mercy on your soul. :eek:

Seriously, all my bad experiences have been with -R Prodisc. Maybe the +R Prodisc isn’t so bad. I’ve never tried it. Might as well burn one and test it, to see if Prodisc has completely lost it.

[QUOTE=larc919;2128420]-R was also MIT, but had a lower lip than the +R paks. So I assumed Prodisc even with the serif font on the cakebox top and, in spite of really needing some -R, passed on those as well.[/QUOTE]

:disagree:

On the Neo-Verb packs, you can’t compare between +R and -R cakeboxes.

The height of the lip for CMC media is relatively higher than Prodisc, but only within the same type of media. So, the CMC lip for -R media is higher than the Prodisc lip for -R media, but it’s not the same height as the CMC lip for +R media. For the -Rs, CMC is higher-lipped than Prodisc, in a relative sense, not necessarily high-lipped, in an absolute sense. Prodisc -R spindles could be more correctly described as no-lip, since the lip is almost non-existent. If you see them side by side, which I have, the distinction is obvious.

Once again, Prodisc -R spindles have an extremely tiny lip, making the top seem almost flat. CMC -R spindles have a low-lip, but one which is obviously there, and it’s higher than the Prodisc -R lip.

And once again, to reiterate what has been said many times, this only applies to the 100-pack.