Verbatim MCC 03RG20 Memorex -R MII 50 packs $9.99 @ RadioShack

RadioShack has Memorex 16x -R Made in India 50 Packs on sale for $9.99 each. They have a copper label. UPC 034707056398, PN: 3202 5639. There’s no lip, just a small rim and the only thing on the top is raised lettering on the plastic, “Memorex, Lock, Open” and a two way arrow (no recycle symbol).

These are actually Verbatim MCC 03RG20 discs. I know it’s not the greatest price, but if you are looking for these disks specifically for consoles here’s a good chance to pick some up.

They even work good in the picky ole GameCube.

I have had such erratic results/scans with these discs that I won’t touch them unless they are freebees. Some people seem to have good luck with them though so it’s not a bad idea to post. Although the $15-$20 per 100 Verbatim sales seem to be a dime a dozen these days. :wink:

Verbatim MCC 03RG20 Memorex

Lite On 3S163@1653S CS0T

Thanks for the update, when is the sale good until do you know?

wow, burn it to the fullest
I know that Moser Baer makes mostly +R till the 16X day, they started making -R but the quality isn’t that great and thus I was skeptical to see -R MII. More scans please

Here’s another one. I’m working with a gamecube, that’s why the burns are less than 1.35 GB.

I went back to get some more and all they had was the MIT of the same exact PN, UPC and packaging. So I got a couple. Turns out the MIT 50 pack is RITEKF1 - which the gamecube likes even better! :slight_smile:

I was out Xmas shopping with my family at the mall today and of course I couldn’t resist stopping in at Radio Shack to check the media. As luck would have it, the 50 packs of Memorex in + and - were on special for $12.99. Funnily, I was at another store in my area and they were not flagged as being on sale. Anyway, I scored a pack of these made in India -R discs Semp has mentioned and a pack of Ricoh +R MIT. I will post back with a burn and the MID for the MII -R.

Can’t wait to see your results

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;1949242]I was out Xmas shopping with my family at the mall today and of course I couldn’t resist stopping in at Radio Shack to check the media. As luck would have it, the 50 packs of Memorex in + and - were on special for $12.99. Funnily, I was at another store in my area and they were not flagged as being on sale. Anyway, I scored a pack of these made in India -R discs Semp has mentioned and a pack of Ricoh +R MIT. I will post back with a burn and the MID for the MII -R.[/QUOTE]

MID: MCC 03RG20 Made in India
Batch: ZD8070
50 Pack Memorex Branded
Type: DVD-R 16x
Burned @:12x
Burned With: CD Speed 4.7.5.0 from .nrg file
Drive/Firmware: BenQ 1640 Cool Grey Bulk BSMB
Solidburn ON, Overspeed ON Kn/Ukn, Wopc Off

Yes, these appear to be real Verbatim discs branded by Memorex. I can’t say that my first burn was as nice as Semp’s, but these aren’t the worst discs either. Read curve was clean. I suspect the 1640 may not care all that much for MII - I’ll have to try on some other drives.

As I expected, Moser Baer is not known for making -R media and thus the quality is decent but not considered as high quality. Thanks for the Scan

Are the PIFs usually that high on a BenQ scan compared to a Lite-On scan?

Also, I don’t think I mentioned this earlier, but I burned at Auto(Max) setting in Imgburn and I’m not sure exactly which number is the batch code, but here are the two numbers on the discs:

Outer ring: ZD9014-DVR-J47C1
Inner ring: 6357 516 -R E A 258

Going by Dalen’s post, I assume ZD9014 is the batch? And if it is what do the numbers mean? Some kind of date code? The only numbers that seem to change on my discs are the numbers on the inner ring - the last few numbers seem to be different on every disc.

[QUOTE=semp;1949693]Are the PIFs usually that high on a BenQ scan compared to a Lite-On scan?[/QUOTE]

Max PIF on a BenQ is usually twice as much as a Lite-On. However, the numbers on that scan are still too high compared to CMC or Prodisc Verbs.

BenQs and others using the Philips Nexperia chipsets scania PIF @ 8ECC which means that PIF max = 16 is the limit. LiteONs and others using Mediatek chipsets scan PIF @ 1ECC which means that PIF max = 4 is the limit.

Those Memorex discs look like Verbatim rejects to me. You know, the ones that don’t pass Verbatim QC?

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

i went to radio shack yesterday (monday) and they were priced $27.99 at teh register… was messed up since the original price on the shelf said $14.99 NOT on sale…

would have loved to get some of these for $10 and test.

[QUOTE=JClarkKent2003;1951688]…would have loved to get some of these for $10 and test.[/QUOTE]

The deal was over 2 weeks ago.